Sign in to follow this  
LC_575

PB 1400 Case Hinge Failure

My PB 1400 was showing that characteristic cracking on the rear display case cover, on either side of the Apple logo. I attempted to repair this (by strengthening the area with glue) but managed to destroy the -very Spindlery- mount points for the left hinge. It's beyond repair - too much brittle plastic has cracked and fallen away.

Wegener media sells rear display case covers for 19.50, but I'm wondering whether I should go with that or replace the entire display and then part out what's good from the old one. Advice?

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-o That's great news about those $19.95 back covers! :approve:

If you haven't got any dead pixels or any other issues with your . . . wait . . . you didn't say 1400c did you? That might change my advice just a tad!

Any well heeled 1400 has just GOTTA have that Active Matrix LCD! 8-)

i have a 1400 with a completely busted bottom case. But the upper display is still good, and the lappy still works, i booted it from a CD, whats left of the internal CD drive actually still works. Missing/broken plastics and faceplate.

@Trash80toHP_Mini

It's a 'c. Display is fine except one full-on blue subpixel. I hide it with the Stuffit Expander icon; it's not noticeable. Backlight does seem a bit dim outdoors though.

techknight, are you offering yours to LC_575? Your post could be read that way, or as a simple aside.

I just threw it out there in case he needed it. one of those "gray area" posts, sorry for any violation. he has already been in contact with me. Just getting around to pulling it out of the bin to find out if its the right screen he needs.