Mk.558

The Definitive Guide to Connecting your SE/30

You shouldn’t need a bridge computer. I ftp files between my SE/30 and iMac running Mojave all the time. Try BinHexing the file then transferring it (“binhex encode filename” from Terminal on your modern Mac). That said, AIFF files shouldn’t have a resource fork unless I’m very mistaken, so I doubt that’s your issue. 

Crutch,
Whenever you are at the SE/30: are you able to choose a .AIF file on the SE/30, transfer it to the Mojave computer, then send it back to the SE/30 and still be able to play it?
I might perhaps just have a bad FTP configuration.

Hey guys,

I'm looking at making another pass through the Guide to update broken links, make minor tweaks (I saw the note about Lubuntu there @Von and will update it as so to reference it) and so forth.

Please reply here with any suggestions you may have or findings about the Guide which may be in error or need to be reworded.

2 minutes ago, Mk.558 said:

Hey guys,

I'm looking at making another pass through the Guide to update broken links, make minor tweaks (I saw the note about Lubuntu there @Von and will update it as so to reference it) and so forth.

Please reply here with any suggestions you may have or findings about the Guide which may be in error or need to be reworded.

That guide helped me get the Lubuntu VM set up such that every OS that I have running can now share files.  THx so much for pulling it together!  

I took notes as I was setting it up and these 2 links helped me get SAMBA set up so that it was accessible Windows/DOS/BeOS/OSX:

SAMBA info for Win connections
https://www.howtogeek.com/176471/how-to-share-fiwww.howles-between-windows-and-linux/

Promising DOS info https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/?page_id=374

5 minutes ago, Von said:

<snip>

Fancy. Glad you got it worked out.

Edit: The Guide does not cover SAMBA because that's not really a Mac specific protocol that can be worked about with the older machines we're focused on, so I can't include it in the Guide. I like how you got it working though, op success!

Edited by Mk.558

14 minutes ago, Mk.558 said:

Fancy. Glad you got it worked out.

Edit: The Guide does not cover SAMBA because that's not really a Mac specific protocol that can be worked about with the older machines we're focused on, so I can't include it in the Guide. I like how you got it working though, op success!

Makes sense.

If I were a judge at the InterWebs Olympics, I'd give that article a 10.  It is one of the best infonuggets I have come across.