CJ_Miller

Quesse Total Systems PDS accelerator for SE

Ahh, your hacks are as ambitious as always!

Thanks, I like your terminology, most of the old gang like eudimorphodon/gorgonops and Dr. Bob, back in the day, have kept reminding me that I'd need EE street cred to pull off most of them . . .

. . . I would . . . along with a LOT more programming chops than I have . . . but I keep hoping somebody will pick up the gauntlet and actually do one of the waaayyyyy over the top notions I've tossed out there! [;)]]'>

One of the companies I Beta Tested CAD/CAM Hardware/Software for way back when, actually stole an Idea I casually mentioned for a hack that I was planning to develop when they bought me a nice dinner (and a few drinks) at one of the Sign Company Conventions and implemented its function into the next hardware rev. of their stepper driver cards!

I made them give me TWO of those packages to play with! :approve:

BTW, I'll GLADLY loan my NuBus PanaPro Interface Card/Manual to anybody who wants to play around with this one! IIRC the Driver is in the DeclROM. I'll confirm that when I find the manual again!

< swerves back on topic >

A 13" High Resolution RGB Display coupled with a Grayscale TPD/FPD was the "standard" early DTP Workstation. That was the most common solution proposed by the < sneers a bit [}:)]]'> > Consultants back in the NYMUG day.

< HA! Know It All = KIA! :lol: >

How common are the old Medical WorkStation CRTs? The only ones I've seen on craigslist have been newer LCD technology. I practically drool on myself every time I see pics of one of the 2-3 LCD Stock Trader Rigs posted. [:P]]'>

Thanks, I like your terminology, most of the old gang like eudimorphodon/gorgonops and Dr. Bob, back in the day, have kept reminding me that I'd need EE street cred to pull off most of them . . .

. . . I would . . . along with a LOT more programming chops than I have . . . but I keep hoping somebody will pick up the gauntlet and actually do one of the waaayyyyy over the top notions I've tossed out there! [;)]]'>

And I often wish I had taken the time to develop some coding chops. Anyway, even more rare than people with technical skill are those such as yourself who can see the possibilities.

One of the companies I Beta Tested CAD/CAM Hardware/Software for way back when, actually stole an Idea I casually mentioned for a hack that I was planning to develop when they bought me a nice dinner (and a few drinks) at one of the Sign Company Conventions and implemented its function into the next hardware rev. of their stepper driver cards! I made them give me TWO of those packages to play with! :approve: BTW, I'll GLADLY loan my NuBus PanaPro Interface Card/Manual to anybody who wants to play around with this one! IIRC the Driver is in the DeclROM. I'll confirm that when I find the manual again!

Sounds like it could be useful for a PCB plotter/router!

A 13" High Resolution RGB Display coupled with a Grayscale TPD/FPD was the "standard" early DTP Workstation. That was the most common solution proposed by the < sneers a bit [}:)]]'> > Consultants back in the NYMUG day.

< HA! Know It All = KIA! :lol: >

How common are the old Medical WorkStation CRTs? The only ones I've seen on craigslist have been newer LCD technology. I practically drool on myself every time I see pics of one of the 2-3 LCD Stock Trader Rigs posted. [:P]]'>

Sounds good. I have recently bought my first oscilloscope (Tek 2215 - mostly for audio), and some service manuals for old monitors so I can read up on how they are supposed to work.

How common are Medical monitors? No idea. I have seen CRTs and LCDs, just whatever was there when I was looking. True there do seem to be more LCDs. A couple years ago I found somebody in PA with two cheap four-foot Trinitrons, but they required pickup and I had no way to do it...

. . . two cheap four-foot Trinitrons

OHMYGODOMIGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-o

=8-b . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

If ANYONE, EVER, spots ANYTHING even remotely like this anywhere near south-central PA . . . get in touch w/Tom Owad, 'fritter's honcho!

Not to mention posting it here for another comrade to snatch up! :approve:

< comes out of shock just enough to head to the shower for work . . . with a very wet nightshirt :I >