Sign in to follow this  
gavo

120v Analog Board vs 230v Supply

So living in a country that uses a 230v supply, I foolishly plugged in the new 128k Mac I purchased online (in my country) to try out and bang, 1 second later I thought "I wonder if this is a 120v machine".

Sure enough it was a 120v, but the seller had neglected to mention that to me because he thought they were all 120v and anyone using them today would obviously know that - ahhh yeah, right.

Anyway, I opened it up and see that the supply is the US version not the international - does this mean I cant convert it to 230v supply?

Also, whats the typical damage in this type of scenario - easy to repair? I see that C28 is in a thousand pieces throughout the machine - I'm guessing thats not the only casualty.

-Gav.

A trip to the M0001 Registry will show you the number designations (inventory and part numbers) for the first 68000 AIOs. Certainly the power/sweep boards were differentiated. No easy jumpers or switches in this Army!

Apple's Service Guide Macintosh Computers Vol. 1 quotes different (for 'International' and 'USA' respectively) fuses, 740-0060 and 740-0030 (1.6A and 2.5A @ 250VAC); PS board 661-76214 and 661-0461; but only a US domestic mains cable 590-0380, although Apple-logo cables were provided for the 210-240VAC regions.

The question was also aired in this thread.

de

Whoops, sorry about that - should have searched first! :)

Thanks for the pointer tho - looks like this board will just be a parts donor.

Cheers,