luddite

RetroChallenge Winter Warm-up 2008

Ok, so hopefully this isn't a complete cop-out but I can't pin down a single project. I have a bunch of small things I'd like to work on, so my winter challenge "project" is to blog, and document my findings. I often wish more people would document what they do and discover, so I'll practice what I preach.

Anyway, tomorrow's the start. Have fun. woot!

Looks like a good turnout! I'm spending the next two weeks on my honeymoon, which means no Mac geekery for me, but have fun everyone! :)

Thanks! We leave on Thursday. It'll be nice to have a couple weeks away from work. It's also nice to know that my future wife knows about my vintage Macintosh habit, but wants to marry me anyway. :) :)

I'm not sure if i will join this year since things went awry for me last time and i can't think of anything that i would like to do at the moment.

well i can think of some things but i'm not sure if it really belongs in the retro challenge.

One is that for a month i will only use my "olivetti lettera 32"

the other is that i will limit my gaming to interactive fiction.

let me know what you guys think.

There *is* a lot of good interactive fiction out there, but a whole month? I'd be afraid of burn out. I'd be tempted to create a page documenting what IF development and runtime setups work with system 6 and/or 7?

I mean, I doubt you can develop Inform 7 on a mac plus, but you should be able to play an Inform 7 game right?

Hey all! I forgot (or didn't know I had to) register, but got that done last night and just got on here right now. Look forward to hanging out. :)

My goals.. to get an Amiga 2000 working the way I want to reliably, and fix up a few things on the Atari 800 I have. Yes, Jay Miner did some good work. :)

doctorclu!

you are late!

sorry - i missed your name in the video.

apologies - i am not doing it again however. :-*

regards

does it not work for you?

it should bring up a video of a zx printer running from a zx81 printing the entry list for the warm-up.

as an aside - i am doing quite well thanks - glad the holidays are passed ad things are returning to normal.

that said i have a very nice xmas/new year.

things grand with you i hope.

There *is* a lot of good interactive fiction out there, but a whole month? I'd be afraid of burn out. I'd be tempted to create a page documenting what IF development and runtime setups work with system 6 and/or 7?

I mean, I doubt you can develop Inform 7 on a mac plus, but you should be able to play an Inform 7 game right?

I love IF enough to avoid a burn out (i hope).

i can't be 100% sure about the plus but i have a se/30 that has never had any problem with any IF I've tried. I haven't tried to write anything myself however.

making a howto for people that want to use IF on a compact does seem like a nice idea however.

still... using only my olivetti for a month still seems like more of a challenge. i just don't know how i will keep a journal

[:)]]'>

doctorclu!

you are late!

sorry - i missed your name in the video.

apologies - i am not doing it again however. :-*

regards

Just saw the video.. really cute!! :)

Looks like a good turnout! I'm spending the next two weeks on my honeymoon, which means no Mac geekery for me, but have fun everyone! :)

You got a camera and a laptop right?

I'm late, but I am busy making HELLO WORLD programs for the original Apple 1.

I noticed your first program a few days ago. Nice work. I think small assembler apps are a lot of fun to write. I'm going to have to go find a cheat sheet for those mnemonics.