funkytoad

2008 Website

Hello all,

I do realize it is a bit early to be asking,

But when do we plan to begin creating next years page?

And do we have the space and bandwidth for it?

-funkytoad

It's really up to luddite (or whoever ends up hosting it this year) to decide what they want to do for a website. I have, however, started throwing a few ideas around as far as design goes. Here's what I've come up with so far:

http://~tl.co.uk/temp/rc2008/

The text is just a placeholder, I copied it from the page I made up for last years challenge. Again, of course, it's up to the host to decide on the design they want to use.

I guess it'd be a good idea to have a final page in place by Christmas time at the latest, so we can start promoting next years 'challenge fairly early.

As for hosting and bandwidth, neither are a problem.

I like the new template too!

The RetroChallenge was talked about in a recent episode of RetroMacCast so I predict that we may get an even larger uptake than we did this year, due to this extra bit of publicity.

I predict that we may get an even larger uptake than we did this year

do you also predict that i may find love in 2008 and that a chance encouter with a stranger may provide riches?

i didnt know that you did clairvoyance in your spare time too -

}:)

Unfortunately I discovered the retrochallenge when it had already ended.

I was wondering if any similar competitions would be organised before next years' retrochallenge? Perhaps something smaller, organised through the forum?

it would be interesting to organise another one, if there's enough people willing to participate of course.

hey!

all it takes is one brave soul and a website to keep track of things.

;-)

Okay everyone!

It is almost time to prepare.

Do we want to use Tom's design?

I like it...

nahuelmarisi, you still want to do it right?

are you talking about the actual retrochallenge or a winter play around?

anyway tho - all it takes for a winter play around is for somebody to say 'i will do it' and its a go-er!

i suppose a who would be 'IN' list would make a start if fok want to play after xmas. last year luddites ran through jan with no rules at all, just participation.

anyone?

for the clear head space i will say 'i,m IN!'

xxx

Tom said we should have a page up by the holidays.

It wouldn't hurt to get ready now and find out who is doing what.

yeah - but i think his idea was to get the 2008 summer game up by winter ready for the summer - promotion and all that.

i think nahuelmarisi was thinking about hosting or trying to get somebody to host a wee play around within the forum for after xmas - i think that was where he was coming from anyway.

I've already arbitrarily announced the informal "Winter Warm-up" on the RetroBBS. I guess you guys weren't paying attention ;-)

Anyway, we'll go from Jan 1 to Jan 31st... as usual there will be no rules/prizes/theme or anything -- just do whatever turns your crank and keep everyone abreast of your progress. I'll announce the URL here when I get time to set it up.

As far as the proposed RC web page goes... I like it very much. Seems to be pretty unanimous, so I suggest we just "go with it"

Well, in case anyone hasn't noticed, there's now a website up for the 2008 winter warmup:

http://retrochallenge.net/2008/winter/

Cheers to luddite for getting it all sorted!

Ahem! I had intended to make a formal announcement, but I've been suffering sporadic internet access for the last few days... [:I]]'>

Anyway, there it is... hope to see a good turnout this time round!

yay!

reason to live!

Although saying that I will be out of town the first few day.

BUT!

yay!

pointless poorly executed tasks ahead!

:-)

I'm definately joining the winters retro challenge!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I quite like the image there in the retrochallenge website. Would it be possible for me to use it on a website of my own?

I'm definately joining the winters retro challenge!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I quite like the image there in the retrochallenge website. Would it be possible for me to use it on a website of my own?

Presuming you mean the old computer line-up... go right ahead. Though that's just a temporary graphic, so don't link directly to it.