Sign in to follow this  
EvieSigma

Upgraded 512k Motherboard stuck!

I just got a 512k off eBay that turned out to have some kind of upgrade board inside that adds SCSI and likely also a 68020 or 68030 with FPU. However...I can't get the board out. If I try to slide it out it gets stuck halfway and will move no further.

What can I do? I really want to see this upgrade board but I don't want to destroy said board in the process...

did you unplug the motherboard power?  With my SE and its accelerator just a flat screwdriver in the side vent and gently prying pops one side out, the you can just pull its across rather than back.

Yeah, I always disconnect that first.

I didn't think to try popping it out that way, I thought I'd bend the frame doing that.

DON"T FREAKIN SLIDE IT!!! YOU'LL DAMAGE THE UPGRADE!

You need to bend the bottom rails that hold the board outward and remove the board that way.

DON"T FREAKIN SLIDE IT!!! YOU'LL DAMAGE THE UPGRADE!

You need to bend the bottom rails that hold the board outward and remove the board that way.

^ QFT ^

The MicroMac Performer I've got in my Classic is too tall to allow the board to slide out anymore and the bottom rails have just enough give to let the motherboard come out straight down.

Your guess is as good as mine. I don't know anything about this particular board and the company that made it seems to be quite obscure.

Funny you mention the SE, as this board seems to have a PDS slot on its underside! Combination 128k/512k/Plus/SE accelerator board design for ease of production?

Also, how do you remove one of these boards, if I ever wanted to do such a thing? I don't want to break the strange connector it uses, with all the individual pins that resemble prison bars.

I don't want to break the strange connector it uses, with all the individual pins that resemble prison bars.

Would that mean it just clips on to the MC68000 CPU?

It is!

I just ordered a box of 720k floppies so hopefully I can actually get this machine up and running and see exactly how much RAM is in it.