• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Baret

Scott Baret
  • 68LC040
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:05 AM

Hit the jackpot as far as software goes....all of this came today:

* New in box Sensei Geometry program. I loaded it onto my LC to try it out before I use it with the kids. The slider on the disk was frozen shut; I was able to get it unstuck and the program copied fine, but as soon as the copy was finished, the LC informed me there was a disk error and I couldn't continue. Better make a backup right now!!

* A 10 user license of ClarisWorks!! My kiddos can do some word processing in my mini-lab now on a more grown-up program, rather than use Kid Works or Print Shop!! There can also be some good spreadsheet lessons involved, all of which can transfer to a newer program in terms of skill set.

* A copy of FileMaker Pro and another MacWrite II. Not sure what I'll use the former with yet but I'm sure I'll find something! The latter is one I really like for its key features and lack of bloat.

"Education is life."

#2 Themk

Themk
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

What machines do you have in your "mini lab"? ClarisWorks/AppleWorks is still one of my favorite programs out there. Was really bumed when Apple killed it after AppleWorks 6.

Edited by Themk, 21 March 2017 - 04:14 AM.

Macintosh SE SuperDrive, Macintosh SE/30, Apple IIgs ROM3, ImageWriter II.

Love programming for GS/OS and System 6/7.

#3 Scott Baret

Scott Baret
  • 68LC040
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

Ah, the mini-lab! This is the one I take on the road to use with kids, either individually or in groups. I usually pull ten out of the following lot: five SEs, two Classics, three LCs/LC IIs, two LC 500s, a IIci, and an SE/30.

"Education is life."

#4 insaneboy

insaneboy
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:44 PM

I always liked WriteNow!    Mainly because it would let me write silently with the HDD on my PB165/PB180 spun down.   It would only spin up when I saved the file.   

#5 rsolberg

rsolberg
  • LocationVancouver Island, Canada

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:29 PM

The Draw module in ClarisWorks is great for doing flow charts and various other diagrams too.

In third grade, I remember my puzzled teacher asking why I was using Draw for the creative writing assignment instead of a word processor. When I showed her my ideas typed inside little boxes and how I could move them around on a line showing the story's progression, and move ideas I wasn't sure about off the line to use later, she was hooked.
68000: Mac SE Superdrive, 68040: Mac Colour Classic "Mystic" w/VGA mod

#6 Scott Baret

Scott Baret
  • 68LC040
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

I love the draw module (also MacDraw). You just gave me a great idea for electronic graphic organizers!!

I use the draw module for geometry sometimes, although that new Broderbund/Sensei program should be even better there!!

"Education is life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users