Photo

Apple IIe with accessories for how much?!

apple iie joystick mouse apple iie boxed enhanced

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MacMan1984

MacMan1984

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:26 AM

I'm currently in Pennsylvania right now, and I came across something very worthwhile - I went to a vintage computer store today, but I only got an ADB low-power mouse there. Even though there were Macintosh IIs and Apple II Pluses as far as the eye could see, they weren't in good shape and they were kind of pricey. But that's only a taste of what happened. On our way back to the house, we stopped by an antique store we usually visit on these trips to the state, and I found...(drumroll, please) a boxed Apple IIe, with hardware enhancements, a good supply of cards inside, an Apple IIc mouse, an Apple IIe joystick, a MicroModem IIe expansion card, an Apple IIe numeric keypad and at least 30 different floppies. And guess how much it cost - $15 total! That's right, I found this ~$300 value for just $15! And it's in very good shape, too! Unfortunately, it did not come with a power cable or floppy drive, but I can find those online. Be sure to let me know what you think! More pics can be provided upon request.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited by MacMan1984, 19 February 2017 - 03:30 AM.

#2 sstaylor

sstaylor
  • LocationOgden, Utah

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Yow!  One of those amazing scores!

Well done sir!

IIe Plat, IIgs, Plus, SE FDHD, SE/30, Classic, Classic II, IIsi, IIci, Q700, Centris 650, LC, LCIII, PM 6500, 5400, 6100, 7100, 8500, iMacs: Bondi, Indigo, FlowerPower, G4 15"; G3 Beige tower, G3 B&W, G4 AGP, G4 MDD, Mini G4, Cube 450, Mini 1.66Core Duo, G5 1.8dual, Backlit Portable, PowerBook 170, Wallstreet, Lombard, PB G4, iBook blueberry, PB 13" 2007, Duo2300 & Dock

#3 ScutBoy

ScutBoy
  • LocationNorthfield, MN

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Nice work!

#4 Arkas

Arkas

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:17 AM

That is one lucky deal, congrats!

#5 MacMan1984

MacMan1984

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Here's a late update: I got a power cable for the IIe the day after I bought it, and it works like a charm! I was also able to identify the cards inside. There was a 1978 Apple Disk II Controller Card, an Apple Super Serial Card, a Mouse Interface Card and an Applied Engineering RamWorks II 80-column/memory upgrade card. I removed the MicroModem IIe card and jack from the system because it might be unnecessary to me. I also bought a Disk II on eBay, and the drive compliments the system well! Also, I found more floppies in a smaller, yet similar case when I bought the power cable. All of the software works fine, and I'm glad I got this huge bargain!

BTW, remember how I said that the IIe bundle's approximate value was $300? I looked up sales online of what they have sold for, and my entire bundle (including floppies and the floppy drive) could actually total to about $700! It's amazing what you can find in these stores. Anyways, I've been home for a month since the trip, and the IIe has replaced the IIc on my "computer command" table. I even have a cassette player hooked up to it for cassette programs! If you guys want more pictures, just let me know!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: apple, iie, joystick, mouse, apple iie, boxed, enhanced

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users