Sign in to follow this  
Johnnya101

SCSI2SD in HD20SC?

Hi all,

I'm looking for an HD20SC system for my Plus and SE/30. A fellow user has one they are willing to sell, but it does not have an hdd. This is actually nice, since I can replace it with something reliable. Now, is it possible to put an SCSI2SD in one of these?

They both [HD20SC and SCSI2SD] have 50 pins, so they would work. There's also another thread where they got one working.

I'd like to confirm this is possible with newest models...

Now my SE/30 has HD20 support because it has a rominator. Am I limited to 20 MB like the original or can I make it whatever?

Thanks!

I have no specific experience with this combination but I cannot see why this should not work. The HD20SC - without the HDD - is just a case with a power supply and an SCSI connection.

Do not mix up the HD20 with the HD20SC. The former is a special kind of HDD with am Apple floppy connector. The HD20SC is normal SCSI HDD. The SE/30 can use all kinds of SCSI drives, e.g. also SCSI Zip drives.

So: should work.

No, the HD20SC is a more rounded shape and has the cord permanently attached.  Underneath, it says something like 'Macintosh Hard Disk 20'.  The one that has silkscreening on the front with '20SC' is the newer model, not as rounded.  They are quite obvious as they have the same styling as the Snow White products, more angular and with the grooves on the case.

Edited by jsarchibald

The cathode (-) is near the flat surface. Anode (+) is on the other side. If there are no flat surfaces on the LED, check the inside of the LED itself. The side were there's a small triangle thing is the anode.

Some LED are non polarised, which means, you can install them either way you like.

These drawings speak for themselves:

led-anatomy.jpg?01AD=3htYhVKTyKieff37EWS

Lemonlab_11.jpg

No, not that (But thanks), Im looking for the SCSI2SD board positive and negative pins... Im actually putting this one in my SE/30, not my 20SC, but both have the same light.

Both the SE/30 and 20SC activity LEDs have a red wire for positive and black for negative. The board has nothing. No markings at all.

Edited by Johnnya101