Forums

1. Important Information

1. The 68kMLA Forum Rules   (10471 visits to this link)

To quote vintage Apple manuals: "Read Me First!"

2. Community Connections

1. General 68kMLA News & Stuff

What's going down in the barracks.

Discuss your latest vintage Mac finds!

Feel free to trade all of your Mac goodies here with all honest intentions. The website provider assumes NO liability, so buyer beware! Please see this topic for more information.

1. RetroChallenge

What can you do given only one month and strictly "retro" hardware? Find out with RetroChallenge!
      http://retrochallenge.org/

The creation and maintenance of the 68kMLA's information repository.
      http://68kmla.org/wiki/

1. Compact Mac

Macintosh, 512k, SE, etc.

Just think, having a Quadra 950 in 1992 would be like having a Mac Pro today… except with more slots, more expandability, and on-board SCSI!

Ah, the consumer computers!

From the Portable to the 190cs.

1. NuBus Power Mac, LC & Performa

The NuBus architecture gets a new brain!

The PPC comes of age and adopts the industry standard expansion slot.

From the Beige G3 to the quad-core G5, via various iMacs!

All that power in a laptop? Never…

1. Apple I, ][, /// & Lisa

Not really 68k Macs, but certainly Vintage!

The best PDA ever finally gets its own forum!

Includes system stuff, productivity, emulation, design, and games for pre-OS X Macs!

Yes, it's back! Hardware hacks/modifications and software development for Mac OS.

Anything you can hook up to your Mac or stuff into it as an interface!

• You cant swap the motors unless you re-align the drive. otherwise itll never work again. 
    • These are minimum 4 layers, probably 6 layers. 
    • in fact just a generic Motorola MCU but with specific programming so true, only another board semi-dead or dead for another reason. Good to know usually they suffer from failing quartz crystal which is easy to fix.
    • I equipped myself with 102 channel LA from 00s so... now just to learn the hw, sw, and wire it up all together. This one is a funny ride!   All caps were replaced at start of this fun, clock chip measured etc. Visual inspection under microscope did not show any damage. Perhaps I have to do this hard way with probing between MCU & Sonora & Ram & Rom alltogether. 64x3 + other singals IPLx3 FCx3 DSACKx2 etc. Good for winter Does this board packs more than just 2 layers? I replaced all F245 & ALS241 chips with the ones from the working board - no change - good board works well with parts soldered in from the bad one - bad one does not work I replaced all video chips with the ones from a working board - no change Graphic DAC is just a DAC that copies from VRAM, good board chimes without it Good board chimes without VRAM although chime is dissorted LCIII against what is said will display image without PRAM battery, will also chime good without one For this EGRET chip I am scared to touch it... so don't know. On the bad board it releases reset and pokes with IPL states so I will assume somehow okay...    
    • I built with the default options (just "make all"). It appears debugging is on by default, so I do have debugging on.   I did built with the latest version. I forked your repo so that I could make updates to the README with some instruction updates. But my fork is up to date with your repo.   Is the "TX" debug port just a RS-232 type signal? What baud rate did you use? I can hook up a TTL receiver and try to capture some info, if that helps.