Sign in to follow this  
rushfan82

Power Mac G3 Score!

Found this beauty with the original box and everything, fully upgraded and running 10.2 for only 125$ at a place called WeirdStuff! I made a video too of me opening it and turning it on, its got a lot of extras that I'm not sure about, hoping you guys can help me out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ePFxDOYL8&feature=youtu.be

Part list:

Power Macintosh G3
Yosemite ("Blue and White") Rev 1
550MHz (Powerlogix G3 Upgrade)
1GB Memory
ATI Radeon 7000 32MB
80GB WDC 800JB
Zip Drive (250MB)
PCI:
    ACARD ATA 100/133
    Sonnet Tempo Trio ATA/USB/Firwire
    OrangeMicro Grappler Ultra SCSI 930U
Original Keyboard and Mouse
OS X 10.2 Fresh Install

Do you guys think I can install OS 8 or 9 on this thing? If so, will all the cards work with it natively? Also, does anyone have the cover for the zip drive?

Nice! Weird Stuff is great, but rarely has interesting vintage Mac stuff anymore.

I think I remember seeing a Power Mac 9600 there a while back, it didn't work and was being sold for 50$. it was gone the next time i was there, 3 days later.

Ooooo, nice.  I almost bought that when I was there the other day with Mori512k. :D  I was on the fence.  I love computers when they have their original boxes and stuff. :p  I just couldn't justify bringing home another computer.  Pretty cool that someone here picked it up.

9.0-9.2.2 will be really great on that hardware. I ended up settling on 9.2.1 or 9.2.2 for mine when I was actively using it, and even without a faster G3 or a G4 add-on (I had a /450 1M G3 CPU) it was great.

If you're specifically looking for an OS 9 machine, that system should make you happy. have fun with it!

I went to Weird Stuff last year when I was in the area and did not see many interesting machines (at least not in the area open to customers), but I did load up on cables and adapters for old Macs, and bought some software. It was fun to look around.

Only thing I know of that 9.2.2 doesn't work with is the original Civilization.  You need a CivHack extension, otherwise it'll crash.  The extension doesn't work with 9.2.2.  Only reason I keep my machine on 9.2.1.

Edited by olePigeon