• Thanks for this tip.  I just downloaded and PopupFuncs (with "technicolor!") is awesome!  I never saw this back in the day.  Super cool.
    • This is something that gets forgotten quite often in threads regarding product/supply/sales/marketing (even some of my own, probably). Apple didn't have their "customize and buy for yourself online (or phone)" until after their purchase of PowerComputing, and it wasn't as refined until the early '00s. That was really what they were after in buying them. PCC had an incredible build-to-order system.

Until then, like Cory said, you really needed to "know a guy," i.e. had to work through a dealer (for the most part).   According to the dates I've seen, the "discontinuation" of the 475 and 476 even lasted as long as most of the 62xx Performas did, and slightly longer than the 640CD/640 DOS Compatible model, which is interesting. Yes, technically the 63xCD models died about a month before the 62xx Performas started... but again, this is based on the sources we have (Apple, Everymac, etc.)
      yellow=030; orange=040; red=601; purple=603
    • I put a Noctua fan in my CC for the same reasons as above. Admitedly, being that I never see it, it never even crossed my mind that that it was an ugly color...but it was a very very worthwhile upgrade.
    • For what it's worth I had a couple of bad traces to the SCSI IC on two of mine. I tried running the bodge wires on the bottom of the board like you did there (to keep it neat looking), but while it fixed the issue, the machine was unreliable and would eventually stop working after running for a bit. @techknight counseled me that since it's likely a bad via I really need to run the wires topside. I haven't gone back to that board with any intensity, but if you find any issues after it warms up that might be worth looking into.
    • They have the Chromax line these days, which are black fans with a variety of colored rubber bumpers (including black for a simple look), as well as their black industrial line of fans. The gray/charcoal ones are the Redux line, which is essentially the budget option. They're older Noctua designs.