Sign in to follow this  
takimoto

Takimoto's finding

HI all!

I'v been watching SE/30 on Japanese Yahoo! auction and I had bought some.I want to share my latest finding.I found 4 SE/30's listed by same shop.2 of them,the shop said they show ? icon,other 2,the shop said can't power up.but on the pictures they got video board.Japanese bidder prefers known working SE/30,but I went one with video card.I won one about $80 with shipping.When I got it,I found it got Micron Xceed Video Card 24bit version and Twin Spark Adapter in it! Somehow Xceed came without Grayscale Adapter.But I already got SE/30 with Xceed Grayscale so I replaced video card and checked.It works fine.

post-5199-0-89098100-1445534733_thumb.jpg

And looked closely the adapter,It was not Stratus product but Diimo.

post-5199-0-44767300-1445534749_thumb.jpg

(lighter one is Stratus)

post-5199-0-60777700-1445534762_thumb.jpg

I haven't heard of adapter from Diimo looks so like Stratus.Stratus says we can put Diimo card on Twin Spark Adapter.so I think we can say they are compatible.but I must make sure.

Edited by takimoto

Congratulations Takihito (omedetou?)! in case you didn't know, one fellow on this site sold a micron xceed recently for almost $2000. Take good care of it. It is most prized.

Envious.  Ill never have enough money for one but Im drooling over the greyscale goodness just hearing about them.  Would love a Dimmo accelerator also but thats sweet.

Oddly enough, there is a fellow on eBay by the name of ArtMix (he who makes the Stratos) who is selling the double-adaptor for the SE/30 along with a Diimo Turbo040 for the very unfriendly price of USD600. Just type in Daystar Turbo040 in www.ebay.com and it will turn up. Much as I want grayscale on my SE/30, I am not willing to pay more than USD100 for it.

Aligatou (Thank you) ArmorAlley.I don't know Xceed once costed $2000.but I knew items around SE/30 cost more in US than in Japan.

In Japan,price of SE/30 is getting higher,but still cheeper than eBay.and accelerators or video cards are still left cheeper than eBay...I feel hot collectors are fading from Japan... 

ArmorAlley,I know Artmix and he is offering his product at very expensive price.I think it is because he is targeting very slim market in Japan.But $600 for Adapter and 040....

Hi Takimoto,

Sorry for getting your name wrong in my first post. Japan is a Mac-loving country and you are lucky to be there. When I lived there, I made monthly visits to Sofmap (and the tune [1] is still in my head, decades later...) to see what was going secondhand. I was very happy to get a 10-month-old Performa 6400 and monitor for 10-man-yen (100,000 yen or about the fifth the price of it new, if I remember it correctly).

Nihongo de anatakata ni kaite subeki de arimasu no de, takusan wasuremashita. Mukashi mukashi nihongo de hanasemashita...

mata ne,

aa

[1]

ArmorAlley,

there is no problem.it will be bit hard to take Japanese name in.I remember Sofmap song too.for those who dosen't know Sofmap,Sofmap is retailer sells new/secondhand hardware/software.The movie ArmorAlley attached may be sexy game shop of Sofmap.

This song is played in every Sofmap,It's nice-tempo,simple-word and short-loop makes this hard to forget.

Hi!

I got another SE/30 from Japanese Yahoo Auction.Seller said there is problem with video circuit.so I got it at good price.I thought I could play some finding broken connection and re-wireing.But there was no need for them.

I uploaded video on Youtube.

https://youtu.be/JSrndx4ufhM

post-5199-0-48582700-1453963368_thumb.jpg

Edited by takimoto

Good find, as far as I can tell. :p I'd already be happy with a working SE/30. |)

I didn't realize SE/30's were a hot item. I have one that, last I knew, still works. I left it with my parents across the country. I'll have to get it recapped.