Sign in to follow this  
Denus

LCD screen for Apple IIc on eBay

I didn't knew such a LCD screen existed for the Apple IIc...

But here it is, and the people are bidding like crazy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Extremely-Rare-Apple-IIC-Flat-Panel-Model-LCD-New-in-Box-Pristine-Condition-/321636402259?pt=US_Vintage_Computing_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ae3060453

Not my cup of tea for such a high amount, but I wouldn't mind testing one for 10 minutes....

Yup. Not really rare, but not really common either. For its time, it was an expensive add-on. I *think* $300?? Not sure.

The reserve is over $1,000. I think $1,200 or $1,400 even. So it will be interesting to see how high it goes for.

It's a nice collector device, but I prefer my charming little CRT on his monitor stand.

However I'm also curious to see how high it will go.....

I guess LCD screens from 1984/85 weren't that good yet.
No backlight, slow... 

But it's a nice piece for in a collection though (for a reasonable price that is).

My friend had three of them for his IIc's when they came out. None of them did color and they were all that yucky grey scale as in an LCD Watch. And the resolution was awful, though it was that of what an Apple II did, the display was wide and flat.

Only good thing about it was that he was able to take it to China when he did some work with some university there, and ran off the battery pac we made for the system (2 - 12V gel packs in parallel).