7 replies to this topic

#1 ulterior

ulterior

Administrator

• Administrators
  • LocationNevada, USA

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:39 PM

Hello, all.

We've changed a few things around and want to explain them. A recent issue with storage was noticed on the forums. To lessen that, we're enabling the gallery module and group-based restrictions. It looks about like this:

• Member = 100mb
  • 68000 = 200mb
  • 68030 = 300mb
  • 68040LC = 400mb
  • Full 68040 = Unlimited

The gallery software will automatically resize images so as to be resource efficient and we admonish all members to start using it since it will be especially convenient once our other features are turned on. If you have questions, post 'em here. I will reply to this post once I've enabled the gallery feature and completed testing.

The above size limits are -only- for the gallery module and don't affect the forum side of things except that members can include gallery images in forum posts. In the future we may ask that all members use the gallery for attaching images.

You'll also notice that over the next few weeks many members will be escalated into a different group as the software figures out what individual history looks like.

//wthww

playerfeed_1952083_avatar.gif

#2 Trash80toHP_Mini

Trash80toHP_Mini

NIGHT STALKER

• LocationBermuda Triangle, NC, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:18 AM

I hope flash or the lurking evil that is facebook will not be required for using the gallery system. Neither will be happening from my end any time soon.
jt [8]
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball

C.O. AC130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

#3 Cory5412

Cory5412

Daring Pioneer of the Future

• Administrators
  • LocationArizona, USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Neither is required. The flash uploader is pretty nice because you can upload more than one image at once, but it isn't the default or mandatory.

#4 insaneboy

insaneboy
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

any way to make it see the rotation information in a file?   noticed images posted directly from my iPhone or emailed than posted from the iPhone are rotated wrong. (see the carman europe WTB thread)

#5 MinerAl

MinerAl
  • LocationThe Not-So-Great Plains, U.S.A.

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

Can you shed any light on how one achieves a higher than "Member" status?  Is it just a post count number?  Are the post counts fluid or set? Some people have been fluctuating in the last week; that may have been ironing out of new-board issues, but if you were "demoted" from 68020 to 68000, would you lose everything in your gallery above 100mb?

#6 ulterior

ulterior

Administrator

• Administrators
  • LocationNevada, USA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:57 PM

You'll also notice that over the next few weeks many members will be escalated into a different group as the software figures out what individual history looks like.

You won't lose anything already posted, you just wont be able to add more to the gallery. As for the groups, they are based on rank which is in turn based on post count. However they can be set manually. If you'd like more space you should send an admin a private message explaining why you'd like more space. If your rank has fluctuated post a few more times for it to even out.

Don't hesitate to private message one of us. 9/10 we can help you, and we're fairly flexible. If you start posting heavily and need more space, we can work it out. By the same token if you're posting heavily, chances are you'll end up with more space automatically.

//wthww

#7 Concorde1993

Concorde1993
  • LocationBrampton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

If you're rank has fluctuated post a few more times for it to even out.

By the same token if you're posting heavily, chances are you'll end up with more space automatically.

//wthww

Doesn't this contradict the rule on no excessive posting? 

Some Macs, some Amigas & a Concorde.

"If you can find a better car, buy it." - Lee Iacocca  

#8 ulterior

ulterior

Administrator

• Administrators
  • LocationNevada, USA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Nope. Posting on topic should not be a problem for anyone here. If you're worried, replace 'post a few more times' to 'wait'.

//wthww

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users