Here's an interesting tidbit or two to get Rocket discussions rolling again!
I've got the January 1992 Rocket Compatibility Guide
in my hands and it lists several Macs as "incompatible" at time of publication.
Beside each "Incompatible" designation is the caveat: Not presently supported. Future multiprocessing software planned.
Macintosh Quadra 700
Macintosh Quadra 900Radius Rocket 33 -
purchase date unknown (gotta find that invoice!)
RocketWare Version 1.3.2 Floppies Copyright 1991
1992 Rocket 33 PamphletSystem Requirements
Macintosh II, IIx IIcx or IIci with at least 2MB of RAM and a hard disk drive. System 6.0.7, System 7 or later. At least 4MB of RAM for the Rocket 33 (sold separately), Rocket 33 occupies one NuBus slot.
RocketWare Version 1.5 Floppies Copyright 1993
Cover letter, March 30, 1993RocketWare v.1.5 includes:
- Support for System 7.1
- Support for the Macintosh IIfx
- Support for Finder sounds and HyperCard sounds.
- Implementation of the Quadra Floating Point Library.
- Support for AppleTalk Remote Access
- Support for a number of scanners with file sharing enabled.
- Support for Wacom Tablets. The original serial model as well as the ADB Art Z.
- Support for Microsoft File v.2.0 (supported in 030 cache mode only).
- Support for the Logitech Mouse.
- Support for the Aple OneScanner, Apple Color OneScanner and the HP ScanJet II.
- All new RocketWare Control Panel.
For more inform . . . Read Me . . .
Be advised that the system requirements for RocketWare v.1.5 are different from those of the previous versions. Please consult the included Rocket User's Manual and/or QuickStart card for further details . . .
Radius Rocket Quick Start - copyright 2/93You will Need
- A Macintosh II, IIx, IIcx, IIci, or IIfx (Quadra and Centris require RocketShare software)
- System 7.0.1 or later
- A minimum of 8MB of memory on your Rocket
- A minimum of 4MB of memory on your Macintosh motherboard
I hope this clears up a few things.
I'm hoping I can get the dang IIsi to run RocketShare!
I guess I should append the .TXT from the ReadMe files of both versions.
Now if I could just find that blasted bag full of Rocket Manuals and RocketShare Media/Manuals!