Photo

Another IIci ROM hack

• Please log in to reply
1021 replies to this topic

#1021 corradokid

corradokid
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

ROM Board on a IIci? Except for the ROM Hacks, I never heard of it used on a IIci. Not all IIci's have a ROM SIMM Socket though the space is there to put one in.

That depends on the ROMs and system being used. But a IIsi  ROM with System 7.5 on a IIci using those ROMs I believe will work and show up as a IIsi because the Gesault ID number is in the ROMs.

Your ROM Board does not work? You know there is a jumper on the IIci motherboard that selects the ROM on the board or on the socket. It is somewhere between the ROMs and the NUBUS Slots. Check for it, sometimes the jumper is missing.

Earlier in the thread it's mentioned using the ROM-inator II in a  IIci — my motherboard has the ROM SIMM slot so I'm good to go. The jumper is in place, but no boot (powers up, no chime.) The board is out getting re-capped and the tech says it only boots with a ROM-inator II installed (my Daystar Turbo 040 was not with the board) but without the board no boot.  :(

Question is if I should bother with the ROM-inator II and load the IIci ROM into it and hope it boots fine and the Turbo 040 doesn't know the difference or if it'll hang. The Turbo 040 makes some ROM checks and patches /something/ in there, I believe. I might as well go ahead and find out!

Apple IIgs (Woz edition) — Macintosh IIci — PowerMac G4 (533MHz) — 15in MacBook Pro (late 2011)

#1022 olePigeon

olePigeon
  • 68LC040

Posted 15 August 2016 - 05:57 PM

Earlier in the thread it's mentioned using the ROM-inator II in a  IIci — my motherboard has the ROM SIMM slot so I'm good to go. The jumper is in place, but no boot (powers up, no chime.) The board is out getting re-capped and the tech says it only boots with a ROM-inator II installed (my Daystar Turbo 040 was not with the board) but without the board no boot.  :(

Question is if I should bother with the ROM-inator II and load the IIci ROM into it and hope it boots fine and the Turbo 040 doesn't know the difference or if it'll hang. The Turbo 040 makes some ROM checks and patches /something/ in there, I believe. I might as well go ahead and find out!

If you continue to have issues, PM me.  I can send you a copy of my ROM.  It was made custom for me to work specifically with the Daystar Turbo 040 on a IIci.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users