Jump to content
  • Posts

    • Also, I see I0 is labeled as Not Connected (NC) but it is still referenced in the  of the OE equations !FCLK.oe, !B6.oe, and !IPL0.oe equations.   Simplifying !B6.oe by hand looks like this.   !B6.oe = !WRDATA & !ENBL1 & !PA4 & !CLK & !PA3 & !RTxCB & !OE & !RTxCA & !OutA & !IPL0 & !ENABLE_L & !ENABLE_U & !FLOPPY_WR & !FCLK # !PB6 & !IRQ & WRDATA & !ENBL1 & !PA4 & !CLK & !PA3 & !RTxCB & !OE & !RTxCA & !OutA & !IPL0 & !ENABLE_L & !ENABLE_U & !FLOPPY_WR & !FCLK;   !OutA.oe is fairly well simplified as presented.
    • Ah I see. Yeah I can confirm that these caps are all the exact same voltage as the originals.
    • A bit of a common sense check on *IPL0 on the GLU, since we also have the BBU connecting to *IPL0 via a +5V pull-up resistor, this value should only ever be high-impedance or GND, correct?  If so, that common sense can certainly take a chunk out of the complexity of the OE equations.  That just leaves FCLK.oe as the exceedingly complex OE equation to be dealt with.
    • The reason I ask is because I've had issues with using caps that are 'out-of-spec' so to speak.  The suggestion is that you can use higher voltage caps and it's no problem, however I've encountered problems doing that.  I recapped a Q610 with 20 or 25v (can't remember) 47uf caps, instead of 16v, and SCSI wasn't working, the startup chime was a bit weird, and flashing question mark took literally 5 seconds to blink each time, instead of just 1-2 seconds.  All caps were 'good'. I removed them all and replaced with 47uf 16v, ones that I have hundreds of for other Macs, and the same Mac was perfectly fine.   The other difference was the resistance of the caps.
    • $WORK has a data center in Cedar Falls. They were having trouble with Internet connectivity yesterday and today.  Our other location is OK   Hope things clear up for you soon!
×