68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums
Home | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 I need YOUR help. I want EVERYONE to post here.
Author Topic  
raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  01:21:04
Once again I am in need of assistance. Sigh...

(If you havent found out by now) my Mac is a Centris 650. It has a Quantum 230 MB disk and 24,576 MB of RAM.)

Now, what I want to do is turn it into an mp3 jukebox of kind. I have already thought about this, and I think that Ill need a CD-ROM drive to get anywhere.

What kind of CD-ROM drive (preferrably external, but let me know the cons if there are any) should I get?

Do I need an A/V card to increase the sound quality?

Do I need speakers?

OK so basically, what the h3ll do I need to turn it into an mp3 jukebox?

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  09:24:01
First of all, I believe you mean that it has 24,576 k of RAM, which would be 24MB.

Second of all, the concept of mp3's being played on 68k machines has been done to death. The fact is, there are a few unique players out there that will play mp3's on 68k's, however, even on high-end 950's and 840av's, they are not going to give you very good sound quality at all. It's more of a novelty to get mp3's to play on 68k's than anything else.

As far as doing it with your Quadra, the first thing you want to do is max out the RAM. With four 32MB, 72-pin SIMMs you can have 136MB of RAM (it has 8 on the board). Although it won't work with 64MB, 72-pin SIMMs, you may be able to use four 30-pin to 72-pin SIMM Saver adpaters along with eight 16MB, 30-pin SIMMs to give you a whopping 234MB of RAM. Anyway, the point is, the more the better.

Next, you're going to need a bigger, faster hard drive. I don't really see the point in having an internal CD-ROM, so get two 7,200 RPM hard drives of at least 2GB each. One can run OS 8.1 and the 68k mp3 player while the other stores the music. You're going to want to avoid the slow internal SCSI bus, so get a Nubus SCSI card. 10MB/sec is fast enough, so you don't have to put out alot of money for a JackHammer or an ATTO IV. An ATTO II or similar will fit the bill.

Third, you're going to need a sound card. The 650 may be stereo, but it's only 8-bit, which is pretty craptacular. Again, no need to spend a lot of money on an AudioMedia II, Get a PAS-16 card and you'll have everything you need to connect the audio output to your home stereo and/or headphones/mini-speakers. Oh and look, you still have a Nubus slot left for a video card! Not that you really need one for an mp3 jukebox, but hey, it'd be nice.

Now in the event that it still doesn't play very well, you may want to upgrade the 650 to a PPC using a PDS upgrade card such as the Sonnet Presto PPC 100MHz (though it'll only run at 66MHz), which still sells new for $100. Once you go there, you should be able to install at least OS 8.6 (and maybe even 9.1) and run iTunes without too much trouble.

666th poster to the
68K Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

Mod of the Mac II series Forums
Total 68K Macs liberated: 7
Visit my site!

Edited by - cinemafia on 24 Jan 2002 10:58:46Go to Top of Page

raWr

Tuvalu
491 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  10:57:11
omg...didn't think it was THAT complicated...

ph33r my Centris 650.

Macs liberated: 4-5Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  11:07:23
Here, check out this thread for more info on 68k mp3 players.

666th poster to the

Visit my site!Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  11:18:37
quote:

...Again, no need to spend a lot of money on an AudioMedia II, Get a PAS-16 card and you'll have everything you need to connect the audio output to your home stereo...

oooh oooh! what -is- an audiomedia II card? (alright, I know it's audio something :D ). The Q950 freebie I picked up had one, along with its huge videocapture system... I'm curious on how good/worthy/useful it is.

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  12:24:39
quote:
The Q950 freebie I picked up had one, along with its huge videocapture system... I'm curious on how good/worthy/useful it is.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, let me catch my breath.....

Allright, the AudioMedia II card is a 16-bit/44.1kh audio card made by DigiDesign mainly for use with ProTools, although it can be use without it. Essentially, it is the very best audio card ever created for Nubus macs, and rightly so. Unlike the consumer-aimed PAS-16, it has full effects support for doing digital audio sampling/editing/sequencing. I've been trying to get my hands on one for years, but they don't turn up very often on eBay, and when they do they usually sell for $100-$150 (US).

The fact that you not only got it for free, but that it came along with a Quadra 950 too, is literally increadible. Wow...I'd have to say that's one of the best finds we've heard of here on the boards thus far. I am in AWE!

666th poster to the

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  12:37:04
quote:

The fact that you not only got it for free, but that it came along with a Quadra 950 too, is literally increadible. Wow...I'd have to say that's one of the best finds we've heard of here on the boards thus far. I am in AWE!

ooooah - well. thanks for the reply - I'd best find a way to use it now!. Sorry for sending you into apoplexy!. Perhaps I shouldn't mention the 160Mb ram the 950 came with... or the PPC100Mhz daystar accelerator, Atto RAID card and Truevision nuvista video capture card (with jpeg codec card) that also were in there... and all the cables to use the cards...

maybe instead, I'll mention it only came with a 105Mb HD!

dana
($100US is insane, all the same!)

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  12:45:52
quote:
Perhaps I shouldn't mention the 160Mb ram the 950 came with... or the PPC100Mhz daystar accelerator, Atto RAID card and Truevision nuvista video capture card (with jpeg codec card) that also were in there... and all the cables to use the cards...

Oh Christ...I'm going into convulsions...somebody get the smelling salts! FireWire! Use the Rope of Mystery to tie me down before I hurt myself or others!!!

Wow...I cannot believe you got that all for free...okay, let's be generous and say $100 for the AudioMedia, $100 for the ATTO card, $40 for the RAM, $100 for the TrueVision card (I've never even seen one sell on eBay so I'm guessing it would get at least that much) and about $50 for the Quadra itself, and you're looking at nearly $400 worth of hardware on a bad day, assuming you pieced them out. With the right buyer, a couple fat hard drives and some good apps installed, you could probably sell that setup for US$500, or AUS$967. No lie!

666th poster to the

Visit my site!

Edited by - cinemafia on 24 Jan 2002 12:50:31Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  12:58:11
quote:

Wow...I cannot believe you got that all for free...okay, let's be generous and say $100 for the AudioMedia, $100 for the ATTO card, $40 for the RAM, $100 for the TrueVision card (I've never even seen one sell on eBay so I'm guessing it would get at least that much) and about $50 for the Quadra itself, and you're looking at nearly $400 worth of hardware on a bad day, assuming you pieced them out. With the right buyer, a couple fat hard drives and some good apps installed, you could probably sell that setup for almost $500. No lie!

Oh my lord. luck then... and I'm sitting here just playing tetris on the thing. heh.

$500US is around $1k Australian too. eeeep. I'd been wondering too, what it was all worth. *pats Trudy the 950 *. Would you know any more on the uses of the truevision?

HD's seem to be a general problem here - they're often just ripped out of machines before I see them, which doesn't harm the mac but leaves me without fully working ones - and even smallish SCSI drives seem to be horrendously expensive - I desperately need a good lump of server HD space.

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  13:47:14
That ATTO RAID card supports UW drives at up to about 30 or 40 megs per sec, so get yourself two Ultra-Wide (68-pin) SCSI drives that are spinning at 7,200 RPM's of around 9GB each and you've got a killer server. I just got two 4.2GB UW drives for my Quadra 840av. With shipping, they came out to about US$36 altogether, which aint bad at all.

Truevision was one of the big video hardware Gods until around '98 or so when they were bought out by Pinnacle, who is now one of the best in the industry of video capture solutions. The NuVista card, like the AudioMedia card was for audio, was the best video capture/output card made for Nubus macs. Depending on the model, it came with either 512k, 1MB, 2MB or 4MB of VRAM (although I have seen some evidence that there were 16MB[!!!] version as well, but I can't be sure whether they were actually Nubus or early PCI).

The NuVista can do real-time overlays of live video and rasterized graphics in PhotoShop (WOW!!!), can convert live video to 32-bit color (AAAAHHH!!!) and can even do Aplha or Chroma keying (OH MY GOD!!!), all the while capturing at 30 fps/640x480 without software zooming/scaling. They use DB-9 I/O's, but all you have to do is get a Composite (RCA)/S-Video/BNC to DB-9 adpater and off you go. Now, let's not also forget that the NuVista is a video output card, as well as a capture card. The 512k version supports up to 8-bit color, the 1 and 2 meg version 16-bit, and the 4 meg version supports 32-bit, which is absolutely unequalled among Nubus video cards.

If you can figure out how much VRAM your NuVista card has, that would determine how much it's worth. If it's 512k or 1MB, it's not all that much better than the standard video circuitry built in to say a Quadra 840av (well, except for the real-time overlaying/keying), but I'd say they'd be worth at least US$50. The 2MB is pretty nice, though, and would fetch US$100 easily. And the 4MB version sells for US$200 if you can even find one on eBay. I have seen them listed for as much as US$400 on retail sites recently.

You can get the entire manual and software driver here on Pinnacle's site, by the way.

Once again, you hit an absolute goldmine. That machine you scored was obviously optimized for doing broadcast-quality video and audio production, and how it ended up in your hands free of charge is beyond me.

666th poster to the

Visit my site!

Edited by - cinemafia on 24 Jan 2002 14:02:57Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  14:25:37
quote:

That ATTO RAID card supports UW drives at up to about 30 or 40 megs per sec, so get yourself two Ultra-Wide (68-pin) SCSI drives that are spinning at 7,200 RPM's of around 9GB each and you've got a killer server. I just got two 4.2GB UW drives for my Quadra 840av. With shipping, they came out to about US$36 altogether, which aint bad at all.

Ack. I don't think I have anywhere near a snowballs chance of getting scsi drives for a price like that, here. (Of course, if anyone in Australia would like to prove me wrong...)

quote:

The NuVista can do real-time overlays of live video and rasterized graphics in PhotoShop (WOW!!!), can convert live video to 32-bit color (AAAAHHH!!!) and can even do Aplha or Chroma keying (OH MY GOD!!!), all the while capturing at 30 fps/640x480 without software zooming/scaling.

oooah. ok - now THATS the kind of info I've been after since this dropped into my hands. It IS quite nice... Now to find the software :P. At least I have the dongle that came with it, for the abd port

quote:

They use DB-9 I/O's, but all you have to do is get a Composite (RCA)/S-Video/BNC to DB-9 adpater and off you go.

Thankfully the db9's -> video in, video out, and monitor cables all came with it.

quote:

Now, let's not also forget that the NuVista is a video output card, as well as a capture card. The 512k version supports up to 8-bit color, the 1 and 2 meg version 16-bit, and the 4 meg version supports 32-bit, which is absolutely unequalled among Nubus video cards.

If you can figure out how much VRAM your NuVista card has, that would determine how much it's worth. If it's 512k or 1MB, it's not all that much better than the standard video circuitry built in to say a Quadra 840av (well, except for the real-time overlaying/keying), but I'd say they'd be worth at least US$50. The 2MB is pretty nice, though, and would fetch US$100 easily. And the 4MB version sells for US$200 if you can even find one on eBay. I have seen them listed for as much as US$400 on retail sites recently.

-ack-. Mine has 32 vram chips, all toshiba 524256's - 256k x 4bit... so thats 16 lots of 256k x 8bit (equivalent) or... 4Mb. jolly good!. Thanks for the link to the manual - I'll pore over that this afternoon!

quote:

Once again, you hit an absolute goldmine. That machine you scored was obviously optimized for doing broadcast-quality video and audio production, and how it ended up in your hands free of charge is beyond me.

Luck...

It had been donated to a school, and was used by a video production house for a while according to what the computer co-ordinator there told me. He's a PC fellow, and asked a few questions on what a 950 could do on a mailing list I'm on (having worked in school tech support before, I hang around and help where I can ). I can only guess a few people told him "it's just an old mac, it's a dud, it's only 33Mhz/486 equivalent"... The school has also been using DV iMacs for video work recently, and their video dept said they'd prefer to use iMacs than something unknown. He posted a message saying whoever emails first gets it... and I emailed first.

Some days you gets lucky :D

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  14:38:42
quote:
The school has also been using DV iMacs for video work recently, and their video dept said they'd prefer to use iMacs than something unknown.

Considering the fact that there are no consumer-based computers that can do real-time layering/compositing/keying out of the box, and an iMac has no PCI slots, believe it or not, that Quadra 950 could literally lay waste to an iMac DV in terms of video production. Sure, it'll take a hell of a lot longer to render, but analog video is still better than DV in many ways, as long as it's done right. And it's a friggin 68k!!!

quote:
It IS quite nice... Now to find the software

The link in my last post has the software drivers/control panels for the NuVista. All you need then is Premiere 4.x and PhotoShop 4.x and you're made in the shade.

quote:
Mine has 32 vram chips, all toshiba 524256's - 256k x 4bit... so thats 16 lots of 256k x 8bit (equivalent) or... 4Mb.

Jesus Tap-Dancing Christ...okay, everything together is definitely worth at least AUS$1000, rock bottom.

quote:
Ack. I don't think I have anywhere near a snowballs chance of getting scsi drives for a price like that, here. (Of course, if anyone in Australia would like to prove me wrong...)

Can't help you there, other than telling you to buy from eBay and figure in the higher cost of shipping. That's really all you're missing, though. With two or more good UW SCSI drives you could be pumping 35MB of data per second easy, and that's more than enough for real-time video/audio editing.

666th poster to the

Visit my site!

Edited by - cinemafia on 24 Jan 2002 14:39:54Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  14:57:47
quote:

The link in my last post has the software drivers/control panels for the NuVista. All you need then is Premiere 4.x and PhotoShop 4.x and you're made in the shade.

my bad for skipping over the software bit - which I've downloaded. I have PS4 here, (it came with one of the quadras I picked up earlier... another lucky find) and will give it a run...

Now apologies for continually repicking your brain but... :D

would you know anything about the jpeg codec board that attached to the nuvista?. The nuvista seems about an 8" board in itself, with a 4" VRAM board on that... and then a cable connecting to the 12" jpeg board (I call it that as it has a 040-sized-cpu with 'jpeg codec' and 'c-cube microsystems' written on it. I assume it helps with the on-the-fly compression

Thanks so greatly for the info - the 950 has been sitting here about 3 weeks now looking for a purpose!

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  15:11:26
Yeah, that extra board and processor is what allows it to do real-time video layering/keying. Really amazing for a 68k, I'm telling you. All you need now is a psyclorama and a bunch of soft boxes and you can start super-imposing in you leisure!

P.S. - Ever since I lost my copy of PS4 due to a PowerBook disaster, I've been hard up for one to use on my 68k's (as have other memebers of the 68k MLA). We would be supremely appreciative if you quietly made it available to us either by FTP/our hotline server/etc.

666th poster to the

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  17:04:00
quote:

Yeah, that extra board and processor is what allows it to do real-time video layering/keying. Really amazing for a 68k, I'm telling you. All you need now is a psyclorama and a bunch of soft boxes and you can start super-imposing in you leisure!

oh. yes. some of those

I've just run the drivers/etc and all seems to be going along ok... the utils run but I don't have any video to capture yet, so I'll borrow my mother's video camera this afternoon and have a play with capturing/showing live video.

...and I'd been looking for a monitor for the PS2. looks like I have one!

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  17:12:02
If you get a video camera that has an S-video output, and record direct from the cam, not from tape. The quality will be as good as your average DV cam. Shoot for a 3-chip cam like the Sony VX3 (US$500 on eBay) and you'll have a very kick-butt 500 lines of resolution!

666th poster to the

FireWire is fast
General, 4 star

USA
1559 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  19:40:40
quote:

P.S. - Ever since I lost my copy of PS4 due to a PowerBook disaster, I've been hard up for one to use on my 68k's (as have other memebers of the 68k MLA). We would be supremely appreciative if you quietly made it available to us either by FTP/our hotline server/etc.

Photoshop 4 is on laxx's retromac68k server. I painstakingly downloaded all 21 disk images (the lone-app is also available)
Yet when I went to install it, I got an error message halfway through and not only could I complete the install, none of the already installed files were on my drive (Q650/72mb/8.1)

Do you still need my Rope of Mystery™? I suppose I could let you borrow it some times when things like this happens. Then I'd need to use it everytime somebody snags a Q950/840av/PB540c

--------------------
FireWire is fast
General, 4 star
beholder of the Quadra/Centris Stick of Justice™Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 24 Jan 2002 :  21:35:11
quote:

If you get a video camera that has an S-video output, and record direct from the cam, not from tape. The quality will be as good as your average DV cam. Shoot for a 3-chip cam like the Sony VX3 (US$500 on eBay) and you'll have a very kick-butt 500 lines of resolution!

The one I'll be using is a Panasonic, that was bought around late 1996 or so. It takes delish video, for an SVHSC cam, so should give me a playtoy for a while :D. I doubt I'd buy a cam myself for the thing... unless I really get into it.

but SCSI drives. yes... my eternal quest for the things! heh

dana

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 25 Jan 2002 :  09:51:26
Good, SVHS cams are as good as Hi-8, it should give pretty good resolution.

I'll keep an eye out on eBay for sellers of SCSI drives that do international shipping!

Oh and thanks for download!

666th poster to the

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2002 :  04:47:26
You're right about the SCSI drives, danamania, you just can't get them cheap here. I got a 650 meg one on eBay recently for cheap, guess I was lucky. What I did with my Quadra 950 is put 6 small hard drives in it (soon to be 7...), you can even put up to 14! (half height)

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
68k Macintosh Liberation Army (now with forums!)
00013 Macs liberated.Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2002 :  06:07:06
quote:

Good, SVHS cams are as good as Hi-8, it should give pretty

it does :D

however when I use the capture software with an apple 14" monitor externally... it kills the monitor so it can't be used for 20 minutes! eeep. I won't do that again... looks like it''s not QUITE compatible with the PAL signals, although the drivers say it will convert it enough to work. Not to worry - I have a commodore 1084 here which does the trick spot on... and the video coming through there is as nice as I'd like. Capturing comes up with fantastic colour... better capturing than I've ever seen from ANY video-sourced images online. I'm impressed!.

(some playing... forgive the just-woken-up and makeupless eye *grin*)
http://www.danamania.com/quadras.jpg
http://www.danamania.com/eye.jpg
http://www.danamania.com/eye2.jpg

dana

Go to Top of Page

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2002 :  06:11:07
quote:

You're right about the SCSI drives, danamania, you just can't get them cheap here. I got a 650 meg one on eBay recently for cheap, guess I was lucky. What I did with my Quadra 950 is put 6 small hard drives in it (soon to be 7...), you can even put up to 14! (half height)

That would do the trick - a 4Gb would be nice, if I -had- to just have one drive, I'd like to not go under that. Now if I could find 6 identical smaller drives and RAID them, that'd be ideal!

dana

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 26 Jan 2002 :  10:44:26
quote:

quote:

That would do the trick - a 4Gb would be nice, if I -had- to just have one drive, I'd like to not go under that. Now if I could find 6 identical smaller drives and RAID them, that'd be ideal!

I wonder if the IDE/SCSI bridge boards would work for you. I don't know how big a performance hit you take from translation overhead, but it would be interesting to see how well striping to a RAID array would compensate for it. Even if it didn't work, I'll bet 68k's internal controllers wouldn't notice and you'd have several big IDE's for your other macs.
jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2002 :  11:08:19
Those IDE to SCSI bridges are waaaay too expensive to be justified. Although, knowing danamania's luck, she'll happen across a whole box of 'em just sitting around somewhere!

666th poster to the

Visit my site!

Edited by - cinemafia on 28 Jan 2002 12:38:42Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2002 :  11:22:07
quote:

Those IDE to SCSI bridges are waaaay to expensive to be justified. Although, knowing danamania's luck, he'll happen across a whole box of 'em just sitting around somewhere!

How much do they cost, I never priced them?
You're probably right about her luck!
jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2002 :  12:38:12
I've found a couple on eBay that had a reserve set at about US$75, with a buy it now price of US$100.

666th poster to the

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2002 :  12:56:09
quote:

I've found a couple on eBay that had a reserve set at about US$75, with a buy it now price of US$100.

OUCH! , what you said! Why? There's nothing on the boards! Limited quantity from a DOA company/supply & demand? I wasn't jealous of her good fortune yet, but when she comes up with a box of freebies, maybe I'll start.
jt
btw: Dr.B changed his tune, but the newbies in the thread aren't very attentive readers, check out the PDF link!

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 28 Jan 2002 :  12:59:52
I agree that the bridges don't have much to them, but it's all about supply and demand. There just aren't enough of them around to find them very cheap.

666th poster to the

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  04:55:11
quote:

Those IDE to SCSI bridges are waaaay too expensive to be justified. Although, knowing danamania's luck, she'll happen across a whole box of 'em just sitting around somewhere!

Now you mention it I did find a good bargain on ebay...

:)

Not quite a boxfull. it was a SCSI drive (smallish size, like 600ish Mb) with a SCSI->IDE bridge thrown in for free. The opposite of what I'd need, I assume - unless the bridges work both ways. I'd never heard of them until reading other discussions here. I didn't buy the drive however - I still want a lil bigger one :D

dana (catching up on 4 days without the forums. eeeeque)

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  09:09:52
Generally bridges only work one way, but you never know. If it was cheap it enough, I'd say go for it and see!

666th poster to the

danamania
Official 68k Muse

Australia
1193 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  10:28:51
quote:

Generally bridges only work one way, but you never know. If it was cheap it enough, I'd say go for it and see!

Ahhh it's long gone in any case. Not to worry :). I'll keep hunting.

Wonder if a linux Q605 would know what to do with 160Gb, though...

dana (starting up the what-if's every time I come here!)

Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  10:35:51
quote:

Wonder if a linux Q605 would know what to do with 160Gb, though...

dana (starting up the what-if's every time I come here!)

Ain't that the truth! These kids always get me thinkin' *sometimes not such a good thing* every time I log on. Hope you got some rest on your 4 day pass, maniac. Seems you're cuttin' back on shuteye again!
jt

Go to Top of Page

cinemafia
Guerrilla Recon Leader

USA
2965 Posts
Posted - 31 Jan 2002 :  11:52:36
That reminds me, I've gotta try installing YDL 2.0 on my 7500 again. Maybe it'll actually work this time...

666th poster to the

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.