All Forums
 General 68kMLA News & Stuff
 Should I be demoted?
Author Topic  
Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 18 Sep 2002 :  23:37:25
Hmmm, I am getting the thinking that I have put myself up too high on the chain of command, where do you think I should be here?
CCC

Lieutennant Commander (Pronounced LEFTENNANT, dangitt)
Protector of the abandonned toastermacs
68k Macs Rescued: 2 Pluses, a 512KE, a Classic II, and a Quadra 650

Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PowerMac 8600/300

Edited by - Clinton on 19 Sep 2002 11:53:59

~Coxy
Leader, Tactical Ops Unit

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  17:03:30
A Lieutenant Commander, hey? That is a bit high, you know.
Maybe after you've liberated 20 computers and have been here a year.

After all, that guy on the MAF with 100 systems got to be a Private...

~Coxy - Leader, Tactical Operations Unit
Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  18:15:53
Hehe, I'm an admiral, but only of a small area (Hotline) so you know, just make it specific and it seems like less power.

~The Penguin

P.S.- If you understood anythign i just said, i comedn you, I'm tired and sick and not too with it.

| Captain, Intelligence Operations / Space Cowboy |
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
| 68k.torpedobird.com <-- Official Hotline Server |Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  20:21:03
I hope you feel better Penguin.

This thread reminds me of another that wasn't too far back about ranks. To be honest, I like the idea only for the sence that it could help those new to the forum get an idea of who puts in the time to help. I really think Coxy and the Mods should be the one to focus on how everyone has helped build and develope the forum into what it is then process the ranks from there. For example, anyone that joins basically just "enlisted". Anything beyond that would be a promotion into the next rank due to your abilities and dedication.

This type of system would be seperate from the star ranking for posts. The combination of the two systems would give everyone the chance to have something to look forward to and give the forum a chance to develope new leaders to continue it's fantastic support to it's members.

Okay, I'm steppen' down off the soapbox now. You can call off security.

"One slip and down the hole we fall"

Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

Wonkothesane

USA
506 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  20:51:38
I think that mods should be able to change the ranks under people's usernames based on participation and contributions. The "member" system based on posts is so stupid and boring.

Wonko The Sane
Engineer-in-training
3 Macs Liberated
"You can't possibly be a scientist if you mind people thinking that you're a fool."- Wonko The SaneGo to Top of Page

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  22:28:45
Hmmm, food for thought...
I think I'll take this one to the War Room.

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 19 Sep 2002 :  23:28:45
quote:

Hehe, I'm an admiral, but only of a small area (Hotline) so you know, just make it specific and it seems like less power.

~The Penguin

P.S.- If you understood anythign i just said, i comedn you, I'm tired and sick and not too with it.

heard you loud and clear
open to demoted rank suggestions until someone thinks up a ranking scheme

I have rescued a bunch of computers/peripherals, but not all macs.
I will count them when I am less tired.
CCC

Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PowerMac 8600/300Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 20 Sep 2002 :  11:30:41
quote:

Better thought . . . don't worry about it and concentrate on helping each other and having fun. Politics and brown-nosing don't need to rear their ugly heads in here, if anybody follows a couple of discussions or researches any info in some old threads, it's pretty clear who's who'roun'here !

IMHO, of course!

jt .
Trash Hauler: call sign: eight-ball
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAFGo to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 20 Sep 2002 :  17:21:15
quote:

quote:

Better thought . . . don't worry about it and concentrate on helping each other and having fun. Politics and brown-nosing don't need to rear their ugly heads in here, if anybody follows a couple of discussions or researches any info in some old threads, it's pretty clear who's who'roun'here !

IMHO, of course!

jt .
C.O. AC-130H SpecOps 68kMLAAF

That sounds like very limited thinking to me, not to mention a contradiction by your own statement. To keep it from being a political statement, you'd have followed Coxy's lead and continued this thread in the War Room rather than try to make a stand out here on a subject that is only being looked into by you and your fellow Mods.

Second, the intent isn't for "Brown-Nosers" or political purposes at all and I'm sorry you're misunderstanding that. It's about helping to BUILD leaders. As leaders yourselves, you should have an aim to help others to find and refine their own talents. Anyone can go through a quick stint of posting and show up in several threads, but does that show their dedication? That comes from the content and time they've spent helping. Someone new to the forum doesn't know that right away as a givin. By using a promotion style, you'd rewarding those for doing a good, fair job and encouraging more of the same. That may be the underlying basis for government, but it goes for just about any standard business. I had a saying when I would talk with emloyees in retail. "The pay is generally the same for each job where ever you go and the benefits aren't much different either. The one thing I can work to provide you is a healthy atmosphere where you know that you're part of the team. " You can go anywhere to get treated like s***. So to offer what others wouldn't, I made sure they always knew how much they counted and worked by each of their sides to help them grow.

Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/Go to Top of Page

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 20 Sep 2002 :  18:52:37
You see it as limiting, I see it as avoiding serious pitfalls I've seen develop during the rise, and lead to the fall of a very large User Group. The ranking system over on ars is one of the few things I don't like about MacAch, a great gang, but a few too many brown nosers.

I'm not dead set against it, I just offered my opinion. I don't think recruits are all that interested in who'se done what here already, so much as they just want to learn more about this kinda crap!

. . . but that's just my take on things, it ain't broke, why fix it?

jt .

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 20 Sep 2002 :  23:53:12
quote:

You see it as limiting, I see it as avoiding serious pitfalls I've seen develop during the rise, and lead to the fall of a very large User Group.

I believe I said "Limited Thinking" more or less to be polite about it. Narrowmindedness is really what comes to mind. Do you really see things as black is black and white is white? We're human, everything is grey. YOu can't expect everything to fall within the parameters.
quote:

The ranking system over on ars is one of the few things I don't like about MacAch, a great gang, but a few too many brown nosers.

Again you're generalizing and basically showing you have no faith in the forum members here.
quote:

I'm not dead set against it, I just offered my opinion. I don't think recruits are all that interested in who'se done what here already, so much as they just want to learn more about this kinda crap!

Wouldn't that be for them to decide? Why would you speak for people without giving them the chance to voice their own concerns. We're here to appreciate what you call "Crap".
quote:

jt .

Maybe because it's not so much as fixing as enhancing in the general goal of getting the purpose out. Liberators have a cause and will stand proud of it, not call it "Crap". The goal is to be able to do as much as we can where leaders provide impt and ideas, not harrasment and sarcasm. What's your goal, to put everyone down and not be objective?

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  11:37:48
quote:

quote:

You see it as limiting, I see it as avoiding serious pitfalls I've seen develop during the rise, and lead to the fall of a very large User Group.

I believe I said "Limited Thinking" more or less to be polite about it. Narrowmindedness is really what comes to mind. Do you really see things as black is black and white is white? We're human, everything is grey. YOu can't expect everything to fall within the parameters.

If this is a polite discussion regarding concerns about the future growth of the MLA that's fine, if it's turning into some kind of debate, it's already tedious and if you're "politely" accusing me of narrowmindedness because I do not share your views, further discussion is probably pointless.
quote:

quote:

The ranking system over on ars is one of the few things I don't like about MacAch, a great gang, but a few too many brown nosers.

Again you're generalizing and basically showing you have no faith in the forum members here.

Actually, I think you're jumping to unwarranted conclusions. Had you said that I'd rather not see the MLA attract or retain members with a tendency toward the kind of brown-nosing (read: social-climbing) behavior I have seen a very few MacAch denizens display, you'd be correct. How you can interpret it as having anything at all to do with the membership here?
quote:

quote:

Wouldn't that be for them to decide? Why would you speak for people without giving them the chance to voice their own concerns.

I was speaking of prospective new members who have yet to discover us. If you are speaking of the need to hear the concerns of new members ATM, I submit that that is exactly what I am doing right now. What I object to is your characterization of this exchange, why should I be accused of speaking for someone else for voicing my own concerns?
quote:

quote:

Maybe because it's not so much as fixing as enhancing . . .

One person's enhancing is another persons fixing . . .
is another person's breaking . . .
is another person's . . .

I wasn't here in the beginning, but I've seen quite a lot of the MLA's history unfold. Let's just say there has been a passing interest in ranking systems/titles and discussion about the work it would entail for administration and possible benefits. I am of the opinion that the time ~coxy can spend here is of greater benefit in doing what he's currently taken on and that having people posting to meet any arbitrarily chosen criteria would be no better than the silly postcount system and could have far worse ramifications if it lead toward brown nosing behavior. I have made no statememt other than as my own personal opinions, as a moderator here, I would tend to be even more conservative about changing anything which might detract from the MLA's remarkable growth to date.

quote:

. . . in the general goal of getting the purpose out. Liberators have a cause and will stand proud of it, not call it "Crap". The goal is to be able to do as much as we can where leaders provide impt and ideas, not harrasment and sarcasm. What's your goal, to put everyone down and not be objective?

You've been a member long enough to know that "this kind of crap" is a term of endearment (and somewhat self-deprecating, as intended, considering how much time I spend on it and helping others in the same pursuits! ) that I use for collecting/learning about 68k's or other older technology and that the MLA's best interests are of more than passing concern to me.

You have let this get far too personal . . . who have I EVER put down, much less harrassed?

Some of my kidding around could be misinterpreted as sarcasm, which I have been known to display on occasion. Just like shakti and SVP misinterpreted my playful long-running joke with cinemo in the Quadra forum that included taking silly pot-shots at his 840av as real criticism of their own favorite macs, I feel you are misinterpreting something too, I just can't figure out what it is.

jt .

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 21 Sep 2002 11:44:09Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  14:59:05
This whole thing is getting tiresome. I believe you started the debate by not following Coxy's lead and moving the thread where it should have gone in the first place. I also see that it'd be redundent to reply to anything specific from that last because anyone that reads it chould be able to see exactly to what I responed to and your attempt to back-peddle from it.

I'm going to make it real simple for you to understand what I'm getting at.

How did YOU get to be a mod?

What set you apart from anyone else that joined and helped and liberated Macs? What was Coxy looking for that made you Mod material instead of someone else? What's the criteria?

It's easy, they did exactly what I've been talking about. They scoped you out, looked at ability and stability. They looked to see how trustworthy and fair you'd be.

It seems more to me you feel in competion with losing status if more people were delveloped. Why else would you spend so much time protesting and putting me in a position to keep repeating the general point?

Oh, one other thing. If you're trying to speak for yourself and not others, you may want to look at your sentence structure.

quote:
I don't think recruits are all that interested....

If you were speaking for yourself it'd be something like "If I were a new recruit......"

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  17:59:29
quote:

This whole thing is getting tiresome.

I think I already made that point.

btw . . . this entire interchange was based upon what you erroniously read into two sentences in my first post.

Let me make it simple for you . . . the reason I became a mod seems quite simple to me, I didn't TRY to become a mod! I stuck around because I'm interested in learning more, I had fun interacting with the troops and tried to be helpful wherever I could . . . pretty much exactly what I suggested might be that better idea in the first sentence of my initial post to which you seem to have objected so strongly.

I still don't understand what your problem is? Your initial response was clearly an overreaction. This is entirely out of hand, I suggest you review the posts before pointing fingers.

jt .

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  20:14:20
I am going to be frank, my original question had no political roots whatsoever, it was asked mostly in fun, had nothing to do with politics, and is not really grounds for starting this heated debate
quote:

I believe you [Trash80toG-4] started the debate by not following Coxy's lead and moving the thread where it should have gone in the first place.

if I am being impertinent, please tell me to shut up, but it was not trash who started this debate, it was myself for asking this question that clearly has no bearing on what the mission of the MLA is.

quote:
Better thought . . . don't worry about it and concentrate on helping each other and having fun. Politics and brown-nosing don't need to rear their ugly heads in here, if anybody follows a couple of discussions or researches any info in some old threads, it's pretty clear who's who'roun'here

I agree with this opinion, it is more important to help your peers out, have fun, and maybe cook up some good ideas in the process, as opposed to battling about rank, and moderatorship, remember, mods are not gods, they just help people, and make sure that there is no untoward behaviour in the fourms.

quote:
That sounds like very limited thinking to me, not to mention a contradiction by your own statement. To keep it from being a political statement, you'd have followed Coxy's lead and continued this thread in the War Room rather than try to make a stand out here on a subject that is only being looked into by you and your fellow Mods.

In what way is this limited thinking? the purpose of the fourms is primarily to help people out, and to have fun in the process (I believe that I am rignt here, and if I am not, please correct me). I agree that political issues should not rear their ugly head here, but would it be any better if this thread had been moved to the war room? In my humble opinion, there should be some debates (like this one) that should be able to be viewed/contributed to by the average user. I believe that that is what this board (General 68KMLA News & Stuff) is for, is it not?

Thank you for your understanding.
CCC

Contraband rescued: Power Computing PowerBase 200, and a PowerMac 8600/300Go to Top of Page

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  22:59:47
Clinton,

I'm sorry this whole thing sidetracked from you're original motive. I don't think you started the debate, just the thread. On your original question, I really didn't think it was too much of a stretch because you have been beneficial here and Lieutennant Commander would be an 04 rank.

I mentioned that Trash started the debate because I believe in a leadership system and felt that once Coxy made the suggestion of where it should be discussed, that would have been it. If it had been followed that way, there would be no debate and Trash knows it. He'd still get his opinons in regardless and not hear from me on any of it. It seams to me he's determined to provoke it out here and keep it here. When I said "It is getting tiresome" I was trying to agree with him on it. When I asked how he became a Mod, it was to remind him of what it's like to feel encourged to be more. For some reason nothing has clicked. If you look at everything that's been typed so far, word for word, the only one twisting it is Trash so can try to get the last word in. I could care less about who has it myself, but I won't let MY words gets turned into something that they are so apparently not.

Lastly, i've been quoted now on the limited thinking out of context a few times now. Has anyone actually looked at what provoked that?

quote:
Politics and brown-nosing don't need to rear their ugly heads in here, if anybody follows a couple of discussions or researches any info in some old threads, it's pretty clear who's who'roun'here !

Who brought up politics? I mentioned encouragement.
Brown-nosing?
I said
quote:
Anything beyond that would be a promotion into the next rank due to your abilities and dedication.

I'm not the one with a negative preconception based on a very minute part of society. I won't say it's a perfect system, but it works and has FOR him( hence my attempt to remind him). Limited thinking, narrowmindedness, etc is what happens to prevent new ideas, concepts, THINKING, from even getting the chance to be talked about. If you were talking politics, that'd be Despotism, not a Democracy. He brought up later that he kept it here so everyone could comment, but in his initial post he says,
quote:
Better thought . . . don't worry about it

I agree with the latter part of that sentence, we should all have fun. The thing I don't like is the Doubletalk being performed just so he can control it clean away from the other Mods and causing this mess in communication. Think about it, look at my posts since April. You'll see I keep my posting very limited until I think I have something to contribute. I'm not an @** by nature, but I won' t give in to someones pettiness just to satisfy their ego. Trash is the one that has the ability to bring this up with his peers where it belongs first. If I did, it wouldn't have gotten this far to bother everyone else. I'd have posted my thought on it in the war room so the other Mods could add theirs and then Coxy could make his own conclusion there. If more concerns were brought up or more imput needed, then bring up parts of it out here. At least then, it's become a group effort where all the leaders are involved.

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 21 Sep 2002 :  23:49:13
First off, I have not taken sides, I have done nothing but state my opinion, Second off, you are both equally guilty of some mudslinging at this time. I agree with both you and trash, but I honestly (remember, I am neutral) do not see how Trash is contradicting himself here:

quote:

if you could explain that, I would have a better understanding of the situation.

Third, I got the impression that when ~Coxy suggested that the topic be discussed in the war room, he meant that he would bring it up in one of the discussions, not move the entire thread over, or lock it after that, I got the impression that it was open to free discussion, and I believe that by my posting of:

quote:

started this entire discussion, because trash said this in reply to my post, which makes perfect sense to me:

quote:

anyway, back to whawt I was saying, As long as ~Coxy suggested that this be discussed in the war room by saying:

quote:

I know that this sounded like implied that it should, but he implied htat he himself would take it over himself, releasing the other moderators from that duty, and also leaving this thread to open discussion, which I reinstigated by stating:

quote:

Anyway, I'd like to hear Trash's opinion of all of this.
CCC

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  00:16:02
Trash
One thought on your "Brown-nosing" issue. I can see only one part of it that would really be of a concern to you. That is, if it's me you think would be doing it. I know having someone of strong opinion hanging around might be unsettling, but that isn't my intent. My biggest concern is there are a lot of young minds here that would greatly benefit from learning leadership skills. That's why I'm so adamant about the whole thing. You and the other mods have an oppertunity that shouldn't be wasted. I wouldn't even bother with any of this if I didn't feel so strongly on the possiblities here. I grant you, you got me ticked off. It's unusual I'll let something get to me this much. With close to fifteen years in management, I've become a great believer in how much it counts to bring encouragement to those that are with you. Too many times I've seen employees treated like they're just bodies to fill a space. It's such a distasteful attitude, that I will always stand up for the other side on it. It's not too hard to see who the real contributors are and who the brown-nosers are, so it never should have been an issue. Again you may think I would be one, but let me put that to rest. I treat fairness with fairness and respect with respect. I believe in the system and live by it. Here's the BUT part of it. I don't see myself as someone that has the knowlage, time, etc . that so many of the others here do to build myself further in this particular arena. So in that respect, what good would it do me? I only try to help when I can and pick up some ideas as I go along. To have some "fun" which I do agree with you on. Try thinking about what I've said this time before jumping the gun again. If you totally disregard something without having the openess of thought on the subject, what would you call it. That's where narrowminded came from.

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  07:05:17
I'm sorry, I guess I still don't understand what you object to so strongly in my initial post or how it can be interpreted as a power ploy??????? I finally caught on that you were getting angry which totally mystifies me, I've tried to keep things in perspective here, which was expressed in language to which you objected and I may need to be more careful in my choices for "terms of endearment" in the future, but I kinda liked the phrase "this kinda crap!" so I'm a little dissapointed that I may need to give it up.

My only real concerns here are how much of a time sink the admin load will be for ~coxy specifically, the mods in general and how to make sure there won't be problems with troops feeling they haven't been treated fairly. It makes me uncomfortable that anyone thinks there should be any real distinctions between mods and members to begin with. I never actually thought of it as being "elevated" or promoted, I thought it was more a matter of being asked to help out.

By brown-nosing I only meant currying favor in hopes of advancement and by politics I meant manouevering for advantage and factions developing, but I really haven't thought it thru or formed an opinion about the issue yet, I was only airing my concerns and stating what I thought the important things around here were. I'm certainly not worried about protecting any turf or even about continuing to be a moderator, I don't think anybody should have that kind of motivation here and am quite upset that anyone would think I had any kind of personal agenda.

I have never liked the notion of decisions being made behind closed doors and have a history of trying to keep all discusion in the open so don't read anything into this suggestion to keep the discussion open. If nothing else, the next time this issue comes up if a new ranking scheme is not implemented now or if the fairness of any that is should be questioned, I think this thread and those preceeding it should be searchable in the archive by all members and lurkers.

Think of it as the minutes of a general meeting and the war room as executive session for the discussion of only the hottest, most controvercial topics where the mods can feel free to say anything that they might not want to say "on the record" in a general meeting, although it will still be archived for any future mods to read, I'm hesitant to put anything into a private email that I wouldn't want to see publicly aired.

quote:
If this is a polite discussion regarding concerns about the future growth of the MLA that's fine, if it's turning into some kind of debate, it's already tedious and if you're "politely" accusing me of narrowmindedness because I do not share your views, further discussion is probably pointless.

I still mean that as a positive gesture to end any kind of argument. I'm open to discussion of this or any other issue anywhere. At the same time, I refuse to argue about this or any other issue, to do so would be pointless and detrimental to the long term health of the MLA, IMHO.

If I have said anything that could be considered mud-slinging I apologize. I really was trying to explain that there were no ulterior motives and nothing much at all to be read into the two sentences in my post which I still feel need to be taken at their simple face value which id how I think that Clinton has interpreted them. I certainly never intended to shut down discussion or start a debate of any kind and you're welcome to have the last word, just say it.

I'm sorry this turned into one of my long babbling in ASCII™ posts, I didn't intend that either! *sighs*

jt .

foetoid

USA
554 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  07:14:35
Maybe it's none of my buisness, maybe it is, why does anyone care about rank? Forums need mods and they were chosen accordingly. Each of the people here don't need a "rank." I don't really care what you call yourself weather it be "feudal serf" or "Mac god, all bow to me." I don't take the ranks that people have seriously. There's no need to, the only people you have to worry about are mods. Not to say do whatever you want but not being disgruntling enough to the mods to kick you out. More like being pleasant with everyone for the most part. Mods can take care of the bad heads of lettuce in here if they need to. (not saying there currently are any) I don't have a rank. I am foetoid... that's all I need, the name. My name says it all. Upon first seeing it you may not know what it means, but after being involved with me, you get an idea of what it means. It means whatever I am. It seems broad yes, and it is. My rank is myself. woooohooooo...... My work is finished.

(although, by deffinition I didn't actually do any work... lol)

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  07:19:43
I'd like to suggest now, that a new forum be created called something like "General Meeting" for any member to float an idea or say something is bothering them about the way things are presently being run.

I suggest that it be placed adjacent to (either above or below . . . couldn't care less! ) the War Room forum and that SuperMod be the seargent at arms, I will abstain from stepping in and hope that SuperMod will never need to take any action at all in any case. I think we can keep discussion civil and that any member should be able to raise a "point of order" if they feel things are getting out of hand.

whatcha think, gang?

jt .

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  10:03:17
Stryder & Trash80toG-4:
Excellent idea, trash. I like it.
both of you are guilty of mudslinging, because (from what I can see) you nitpicked eachother's posts to find discrepencies to quote and try take the other down (for lack of a better term). I am not picking sides in this battle. Like trash said, I am taking things at face valus, and expressing my opinions.

Foetoid:
This post mostly started in fun, I just wanted suggestions on a more creative signature, it was not intended to start this huge debate, but it did, and that is fine too. Of course it is your business, if it was not, they would've moved the thread to the war room, everyone has a say here, (IMHO of course)

Ghods, I hate having to interpret of what other people are thinking, if anyone was insulted by my speaking for them in any of my last posts, or if there are any inaccuricies in my last posts, please let me know.

CCC

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  13:03:12
Wow, I just noticed 20-odd posts in four days and 150 reads......It may not have been pretty, but it got popular.

Clinton: I just wanted to let you know that I agree with you and that we called a truce. It did start in fun and I don't want you thinking you started anything more than that. We kind of took it way off to left field. For that I'm truly sorry.

I believe we ironed out the differences in opinion and have a better understanding and appreciation of each others motivations.

Trash: Mudd-Slinging is kinda dirty, maybe in some future debate we'll use waterbombs

Okay, I'm ready to go back to liberating and new business. Oh , Anyone that's been following this thread, make sure that you don't forget to look into the Refined Member Map Thread:
topic.asp.TOPIC_ID=2838.html
He's really worked hard on that and it's looking really good.

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  13:20:01
quote:

Trash: Mudd-Slinging is kinda dirty, maybe in some future debate we'll use waterbombs

Now, I'm glad I checked back in before shutting down the browser!

Personally, I think mud-slinging is way too dirty a term for what C described above in any case!

Statement dissection/rebuttal in debate is fine as long as all parties realize it's a debate and not a personal matter. That's why I think a new business/suggestion box/gripe session forum would be a good idea. This kind of discussion seems a little too serious for what I consider to be On Topic in "News & Stuff," which I see as more of a 68kMLA topic oriented funhouse like the lounge is for everything else under the sun.

I don't forsee any great amount of traffic in such a forum, but what does come up is deserving of a lot more consideration and objective thinking than I put into this one anyway. It took me way too long to realize you weren't taking my posts as off the cuff brainstorming!

jt .

Clinton

USA
700 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  14:29:45
Stryder:
Don't be sorry, you needn't apologise to me, I was just moderating an interesting discussion, and trying to interpret what was being said for people like me to understand. The waterbomb idea is a god one, though I think that we should pit it out on the paintball field, more Army-trainingground-esque, do you not think?

Trash,
great idea for the new fourm, but I disagree that the fourm will not be frequently posted on, look at the viewcount for this thread alone.
anyway, good resolution

good luck, and if I find ethier one of your bodies thrown in the supplies tent, i'll know who to blame.
CCC

~Coxy

Australia
2822 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  20:14:19
Just wanted to add: as long as there's a publicly accessible thread, people can comment on it, whether it be debate or chat. I did go and start a new thread in the War Room, and will go check it out now.

Mayor of NuBus City v3.0
Go to Top of Page

catsdorule

Canada
1627 Posts
Posted - 22 Sep 2002 :  21:30:42
quote:

Okay, I'm ready to go back to liberating and new business. Oh , Anyone that's been following this thread, make sure that you don't forget to look into the Refined Member Map Thread:
topic.asp.TOPIC_ID=2838.html
He's really worked hard on that and it's looking really good.

Check out the new forum on the block at: http://www22.brinkster.com/originalstryder/db/

Thanks yes it was a lot of work and now it is ready to put on a server, humm now all I have to find is a server to put it on...

-Danny
"Windows(win-doze): A 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell of an 8-bit operating system originally coded for a 4-bit processor by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition."Go to Top of Page

thelip

USA
729 Posts
Posted - 23 Sep 2002 :  12:44:37
did you know that there is guiness draft in bottles!?!!?

there was my totally off subject thought that occured to me while trying to wrap my mind around this thread (i just tried to read the whole thing from the beginning and gave up half way down.).

MrLynn

USA
394 Posts
Posted - 01 Oct 2002 :  05:29:29
Guiness in bottles isn't nearly as good as G on tap.

Here in the northeast (USA I should add) I recommend The Shipyard's Blue Fin Stout, in bottles. Very Guiness-like, rich and malty (takes five minutes for the head to go down)--better than bottled G, maybe.

As for this thread-- too tedious to read. Clearly the ranks are just made up in fun, and should remain that way, the more fanciful the better.

And clearly some folk have too much time on their hands.

/Mr Lynn

Lowly foot soldier.

Curator of: SE (6.0.4), SE w. 020 accelerator (6.0.8), SE w. no HD, IIfx (7.1), IIci (bad HD); plus various PPCs in family (blue G3/350 is main Mac these days).

Edited by - mrlynn on 01 Oct 2002 05:31:53Go to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.