Wanted: 802.11 card for PB190cs
Author Topic  
Becky Slater
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts
Posted - 01 Sep 2002 :  14:25:40
Hello there...

I'm looking for an 802.11 wireless network card that will work with the PB190cs. I understand the SkyLINE cards will work.

If anybody has one, let me know. I've got one of those "Feets" Macs you guys love as trade bait.

Thanks

G4from128k

USA
873 Posts
Posted - 01 Sep 2002 :  15:03:45
You might also look into the AirStation 11 Mbps PCMCIA card model number WLI-PCM-L11, made by Buffalo.
Other thread that discussed this

I "think" this card works on my 190cs using Classic Networking under System 7.5.3 (with a bit of Resedit magic). I say I think because I do not have a base station yet and when I tried to do wireless networking at Starbucks, Netscape 2.0 complained about not sharing any common security protocols with the server. This message was very heartening because is suggests that Netscape was talking to Starbuck's server, at least enough to know . Also the I got the power light, network heartbeat, and evidence of traffic to appear on the card's LED blinkenlights, once I to the software installed properly.

Sorry, this is not more definitive (I was planning a follow-up post once I got a wireless network later this fall)

G4From128k

by Day: Mild-Mannered Engineer and Trapeze(tm) Artist
by Night: Colonel of Truth, Justice, and the Macintosh Way
Reserve Officer in 68kMLA Cantankerous Coot Contingent
& User of the Hockey Puck Mouse of Radial SymmetryGo to Top of Page

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.