All Forums
 Trading Post! (Buy, sell & trade)
 IDE for me! Room for you!
Author Topic  
Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 13 Apr 2002 :  23:10:48
Ok, due to trash's request, i am posting a 'IDE bridge funding' thread. Donations, me selling shtuff, whatever. Or if someone has one out there and would like to part with it, gimme a price. Also trying to get a decent sized IDE drive as well. All for the HL server too! If bought with donated money, it will remain 68k MLA property, even better! But, just to get the ball rolling:
-(2) 7100/80AV's for sale, no HD, but nice RAM
-6100 mobo, near 32 MB of RAM can go with
-NuBus Vid card, radius, not sure of display properties, but it DOES work.
-TV tuner card is still available, vid acquire card and software and manuals are gone though
-USB CD-RW, accepting cash only on this, looking for US $90+(i bought it for $200!)
- I will have 2 700 MB scsi drives left over if i get this all set up correctly too! So, if i finish this and get all i want, someone can have these cheap or trade!

That is all I can think of right now. Anyone with other thoughts may post. If you would like to donate some cash, mail me: magicpenguin@mac.com with ammount. After I verify PayPal (hopefully soon) i can accept that and/or a M.O. Mail me for more.

~The Broke(and needing to pay for prom yet still!) Penguin

|Captain, Intelligence Operations|
There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline Server

Trash80toG-4
NIGHT STALKER

USA
2899 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  00:03:32
yup! i noticed how much effort he was extending on the behalf of the MLA in da penguin's SCSI box thread. so i suggested a fund raiser for an ACARD IDE-SCSI Bridge and a multigig IDE drive for the hotline server. if a few of my fellow comrades will pledge $1-$5 each, i pledge to kick in at least $5 and whatever IDE drive i can kick loose to start with. for a few bucks at a swap meet or on eBay we should be able to get a really big IDE drive for the server. this is not a "give money to an individual"kinda thing, the hardware will be a 68kMLA owned asset to be handed off to the next server sysop sgt. (whatever).

i haven't actually tried the hotline server myself, but it seems to me that many of the troops have gotten a lot of good use out of it. tossing a buck or two into the hat will make it that much better for the whole membership as well as making the job of what NYMUG used to call a "core volunteer" (corps? HAR!) a little easier (that being the penguin at present).

whaddaya think troops?

jt . .

Edited by - Trash80toG-4 on 14 Apr 2002 00:09:16Go to Top of Page

MacMoose

USA
176 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  07:10:32
I'm good for a fiver...count me in.

------------------
MacMoose
Benevolent Genius, 68k MLA
Total 68K Macs liberated: 9 and counting
------------------
Go to Top of Page

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  12:52:13
Hey-
What can you tell me about that USB burner? I'm (kinda) in the market for one...
Speed, brand, condition, etc. would be great!
Thanks,
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  14:17:48
The Burner is by QPS and is 4x write, 4x rewrite, and 8x read. It is external USB and is in greadt cosmetic and functioning condition. All manuals software and cords included. I have the carrying case taht i got it in, but one of the zippers doesnt work (it will still hold drive fine though). I know you already commented on this before, but im really running low on the trade market and am looking for cold hard cash. atleast $90+ dollars Plus S&H insured to you.

BTW, thanks moose, im gonna see if anyone else is interested so that i know how best to set up 'donation' method.

~The Penguin

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.
68k.torpedobird.com <-- Hotline ServerGo to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 14 Apr 2002 :  16:33:39
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2016098404
-AND-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2016739139
This is what we are generally lookin for, right gang? If anyone can watch these for me, and bid if it stays under $15-$20. I'm going out of town next weekend and will be missing end dates.

~The Penguin

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 16 Apr 2002 :  15:20:27
Tuner Card has been sold but everything else remains. Spacey, u still lookin into the burner?

~The Penguin

SpaceBoy

USA
631 Posts
Posted - 16 Apr 2002 :  19:41:27
Yeah, I'm still interested, but money is really tight at the moment. Also, I've got a (very thin) line on a FireWire burner for only a little more. I don't think that deals gonna work out, though, so I'll be in touch about yours.
Thanks for the info!
SpaceBoy

AppleBASIC FOREVER!
As of 4/8/02:
TiBook G4/500, "Difference Engine"
PB 1400/133, "KayPro II"
PB 180/33, "Osbourne 1"
PMac 7100/G3-266, "DEC Rainbow" and "Altair 8800"
Quadra 950, "HAL 9000"
iMac Rev.A/333mHz, "Deep Blue"
Newton 120, "PADD"Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 23 Apr 2002 :  12:19:04
Ok sounds good spacey. Any other takers on anything else? Most of it is still available. Post back if your interested. Also, is PayPal a good way to accept donations for those of you interested?

~The Penguin

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  15:52:33
Doom dee doom dee doom...
Topic is growing old and i still gots lots for sale. Both 7100's are available and i have a 6100 mobo for sale too. Spacey, how bout the burner? I'l let it go for $90 INCLUDING S&H. Come on guys, someone needs this shtuff. PLEASE?

~The whining Penguin

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  16:14:37
I have to admit, I'd love to buy the cd-rw myself, but two things stand in the way. One: I'm not about to try to snap it out from under Space. Two: I need to check fund-age myself. So, if Space decides he doesn't need it, let me know and I'll find a way to pull it together for you.

An Apple a day........................Would be a SWEET Deal!!

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 25 Apr 2002 :  19:26:18
Ok, you two duke it out for the burner. I'm going to be gone, again, this time on band trip and visiting toronto. If anyone lives up there, look for RHS band! hehe. Ok, just fyi, ill be gone till monday. Thanks a bunch and hope i got a sale when i return.

~The Penguin

scchicago

USA
936 Posts
Posted - 26 Apr 2002 :  20:21:04
I'd donate a couple of bucks, but as usual, my dad stands in the way.
quote "Why do you always want to waste your money on such things?"

perhapps that "what he dosen't know can't hurt him" thing could apply here.

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2002 :  06:16:31
Ok y'all. I'm back from canadia and its aboot(yes double "oh" ) time to figure more shtuff out. Spacey, what is your status? Still interested or should i look into stryder. And stryder, you going to be ok with funds?
Couple more things:
Still lots of stuff avaiable for sale, mainly the 2 7100's
If anyone wants to donate electronically, paypal is set up at my addy: magicpenguin@mac.com

~The Penguin

Stryder

USA
382 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2002 :  08:54:16
Just need to make a phone call and I'll have it that day. How much room is left on the server HD?

Go to Top of Page

Da Penguin

USA
1094 Posts
Posted - 29 Apr 2002 :  12:57:10
Stryder, check your mail. I emailed some finalizing details. So yeah, to all you folks out there, the burner is gone. Everything else is good though. I dont want to jump off topic, but in response to your question stryder, there is absolutely NO room left, "zero kb available." Soon as i get Marchies stuff (whenever that is?) I will be putting the scsi box into effect, adding 900+ MB to storage. So yeah, taht is that.

~The Penguin

68k Macintosh Liberation Army Forums

© 2001-2003 68kMLA

Go To Top Of Page

68k of the Week: kastegir's PowerBook 180.