Powerbook 3400c Ebay find (finally)

Loving my Dazzle 4 in 1.  Reformatted the CF for Mac so use that as an extra HD/Storage and use the 2GB SD in the Dazzle for moving files over. 

Thanks again to the member who recommended these (might have been in my PB 1400 thread originally)  they work great; plug and play! 

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 10.17.13 AM.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 68kMLA Supporter
Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2021 at 10:19 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Last piece of the puzzle; the full RAM upgrade is in place!  128 MB :D  Okay I'll quit bumping this thread...lol

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 1.03.51 PM.png

Looking good. Glad it's all good, didn't realise I was shipping to you :)

Sadly, the 3400c I acquired with it in had a leaky PRAM battery and it's only semi-functional (keyboard, not all keys work - works fine with an ADB keyboard - keyboard replacement was no good either), so was glad to recoupe some of my loss :) Although I'll probably put that up on ebay at some point too.

The 3400c is a really nice machine and yours is now one of the best!

Edited by jimbojones
  • 1 month later...

Hi Rick! Cool to see you here! (Clint from AA, I've finally made way into being half bitten by the Apples :D )

It's funny as it sounds like you've been along the same PowerBook path as I've been going recently. Got the 1400c with a ton of accessories and QuickTakes and now have received a 3400c but the power board is fried on mine sadly. Ultimately, I would love to get a Kanga but am hoping to at very least either get this one fixed with a swapped power board or a replacement 3400 altogether.

How have you been getting on with yours? Do you still have the 1400 btw?