Any interest in 16MB Mac IIFX memory modules?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone interested in these I thought I would post my opinions of the 128MB kit I received. 

Overall, the fit and finish and quality is superb. I literally felt like I was holding and looking at a professionally manufactured product made in a factory. I would never have guessed these were made by hand. 

I put them into my first IIfx (which was made in the first batch of released IIfx and is serial number 181) and they snapped in perfectly just like my OEM ram. Could not feel any difference. 

My IIfx booted up with zero issues. RAM test takes forever so if you’re not used to that just sit and wait for the black screen for around 30-45 seconds. I didn’t count but it feels like an eternity. 

Booted up just fine and ran RAMoMeter RAM test once and it tested positive. Ran Speedometer and some operations were slightly faster. I also ran Norton Speed Test and everything checks out. Will be running RAMoMeter for a continuous test for a few hours just to be certain but my initial thoughts are:  WOW!!  

8 hours ago, MrFahrenheit said:

For anyone interested in these I thought I would post my opinions of the 128MB kit I received. 

Overall, the fit and finish and quality is superb. I literally felt like I was holding and looking at a professionally manufactured product made in a factory. I would never have guessed these were made by hand. 

I put them into my first IIfx (which was made in the first batch of released IIfx and is serial number 181) and they snapped in perfectly just like my OEM ram. Could not feel any difference. 

My IIfx booted up with zero issues. RAM test takes forever so if you’re not used to that just sit and wait for the black screen for around 30-45 seconds. I didn’t count but it feels like an eternity. 

Booted up just fine and ran RAMoMeter RAM test once and it tested positive. Ran Speedometer and some operations were slightly faster. I also ran Norton Speed Test and everything checks out. Will be running RAMoMeter for a continuous test for a few hours just to be certain but my initial thoughts are:  WOW!!  

Thanks for the tests :)  I'm glad they work. It seems most ram out there has a speed of -8 while these are -6, so that should help even if a little. 

8 hours ago, hyperneogeo said:

Alrighty, I'm going to do another run. I should have everything in about 2-3 weeks.

I posted a screenshot on Reddit of my IIfx running with 128MB of RAM and had several people ask where I got that much RAM. I pointed them to this forum thread. I hope that’s okay. 

Edited by MrFahrenheit
Missed a word
8 hours ago, MrFahrenheit said:

I posted a screenshot on Reddit of my IIfx running with 128MB of RAM and had several people ask where I got that much RAM. I pointed them to this forum thread. I hope that’s okay. 

No problem. The more the merrier hah 

8 hours ago, fred30w said:

I just got my order in today and the RAM works great!  Thank you @hyperneogeo for making these and shipping them out so quickly!

The green SIMM in the pictures below is a stock 1MB for comparison.

20200730_144238.thumb.jpg.91d9950339b059aa7729e653028b2fa4.jpg

20200730_144252.thumb.jpg.9395476782a3edf039cb1fff37232b5e.jpg

20200730_144504.thumb.jpg.aff2276e4130d44628de2ecf94c8e144.jpg

20200730_144511.thumb.jpg.4222b838a965806e68fcbdffc735f4ad.jpg

20200730_145721.thumb.jpg.58a5cce7df08c867d2fb179c6edfc08b.jpg

Looking good!

64MB is $100 + $9 ship in the US or $36 international, both via Priority. 

128MB is $200 + $9 ship in the US or $36 international, both via Priority.

I'm staying away from first class shipping at this point in time.  I will have the next run done in a few weeks. I've already sent in the order/parts. 

Yeah, for those amounts Priority makes more sense. Looks like I got the last of the current batch. }:) It's cool to see Doug's name of the SIMMs, miss that dude.

8 hours ago, tt said:

Yeah, for those amounts Priority makes more sense. Looks like I got the last of the current batch. }:) It's cool to see Doug's name of the SIMMs, miss that dude.

He's still around, nice guy. The next round will be white with black silk screen. (opposite of the current one)

15 hours ago, MrFahrenheit said:

I wish I could buy 8 more, but sadly due to Covid restrictions being expanded, I can’t even get my packages from the post office anymore. If I do I’d have to quarantine for 14 days. Doesn’t make any sense. 

Well I could always send it by Fedex/UPS if you want :P 

On 8/1/2020 at 9:22 AM, hyperneogeo said:

Well I could always send it by Fedex/UPS if you want :P 

Unfortunately, no.  I don't reside in the US but I have a US mailing address.  I was told on Friday that any personal activities while inside the US will result in a mandatory 14 day full quarantine.  That includes simply checking my mail.  It's really, really dumb.