PowerBook G3 Lombard keys 3 - E - D - C are not functioning.

I have a PowerBook G3 Lombard. I replaced the Japanese keyboard with a US keyboard. Unfortunately, on the US keyboard the keys 3 - E - D - C are not functioning. 

The Japanese keyboard is fine. 

The US keyboard appears to be physically fine - clean, keys are responsive, no kinks on the connector. 

Any idea why  these particular  keys do not work?

Thank you. 

Probably a broken trace. Not uncommon with those models. Generally not worth trying to fix because usually the keyboard has to be completely disassembled before you can try to find exactly where it's broken. To fix the damaged trace, if it's even possible, you'll need some kind of conductive paint and you'd probably have to special order that.

• 2 months later...

Can confirm the Lombard keyboard is extremely sensitive. When upgrading my hard drive on mine back in ~2007, despite being careful I ended up with a column of dysfunctional keys. Never had that issue with any other PowerBook, including the Pismo. Lombard revision of that keyboard is just very fragile.

• 2 months later...