RaSCSI Development Thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/8/2021 at 4:16 AM, landoGriffin said:

That's awesome!! Thank you for sharing!

The kits are back in stock on Tindie if anyone is interested. The assembled versions will be back in a couple weeks.

I have been following this topic for a while with great excitement, and now that I see that the networking functionality works, I am ready to buy a board :)

However, it seems that this particular Tindie product page is saying that there is no shipping to my location in Europe (Hungary). Will I not be able to get one? Or is this something that will be available in the future?

• 68kMLA Supporter
20 hours ago, zeppelin87 said:

However, it seems that this particular Tindie product page is saying that there is no shipping to my location in Europe (Hungary). Will I not be able to get one? Or is this something that will be available in the future?

Tindie requires me to manually figure out the shipping for each country. (Its kind of annoying)

I've added Hungary as a list of options. Let me know if you have any trouble!

I've almost run out of kits, but I should have more assembled units in a week or two.

19 hours ago, landoGriffin said:

Tindie requires me to manually figure out the shipping for each country. (Its kind of annoying)

That is indeed annoying, sorry for the extra hassle. And thanks!

19 hours ago, landoGriffin said:

I've almost run out of kits, but I should have more assembled units in a week or two.

That is perfect, as I would prefer assembled instead. Will watch for them to be available, and order one. Thanks again!

When I updated through easyinstall, my web service stopped working and I got this message:

Failed to restart rascsi-web.service: Unit rascsi-web.service not found.

A fresh install of RaSCSI Web Interface (#2 option) fixed this issue!

• 1 month later...

So I'm the fool who ordered 2p1 version PCBs the day before @landoGriffin casually mentioned the connectors are flipped.

Since then I've moved house and now JLCPCB wan't an extra $30US ($50 total!) to deliver to my "rural" address (3km from the edge of the city), even though it usually only incurs a $5 surcharge for local delivery.

With that in mind, earlier this week I decided to populate the board anyway and see if I can get it to work. I figured I can just hang it out the other side of the raspberry pi instead of stacking it. I chose not to put the DB25 on there to start with.

I spotted the waaaay too low resistance values on the LEDs, and put 220/330 in their place. Even with that they are getting pretty hot so I'll probably drop 10k in there as that's the only other value of 0402 that I have. They should still light up fine, although I may be able to stack two for 5k. I also used LS245 transceivers, as that's what they had at mouser when I placed the order.

Anyway, I tested it just now... and it works! First time, no fuss, even with a scsi2sd v5.5 on the external.

So at this point I'm thinking I might populate the DB25 on the "wrong" side and print an external enclosure for it. I'm hoping to build a (fully functional) BlueSCSI for internal duties, then I can mess with the network ports and stuff on the pi.

Bonus: my OnePlus Nord phone's macro lens makes a pretty reasonable microscope for soldering 0402 components.

IMG_20210512_205041.thumb.jpg.62043e851cec8f84f8e5c2abe28137a7.jpg

IMG_20210512_205447.thumb.jpg.d5d12fe85b18ea769671eeb364c8df4e.jpg

IMG_20210512_205507.thumb.jpg.33b5223036f9e15d06a6b2b728dc9f90.jpg

IMG_20210512_205213.jpg

• 68kMLA Supporter
17 hours ago, kerobaros said:

It's not Mac-related, but I've been using landoGriffin's RaSCSI board for a couple days with an Amiga 2000, and it's been working wonderfully. Also turns out that the hard drive images it creates work perfectly in an Amiga emulator on my PC, so it's a good way to shuffle files back and forth. Thanks again, bud, great hardware.

Thank you for the feedback!! I'm super glad that its working well for you!!

13 hours ago, mogs said:

So at this point I'm thinking I might populate the DB25 on the "wrong" side and print an external enclosure for it. I'm hoping to build a (fully functional) BlueSCSI for internal duties, then I can mess with the network ports and stuff on the pi.

Since you've already got all the parts, if you just want a 2.3 board, send me a PM and we can work something out!