Huxley

DON’T TALK TO ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN

On 7/8/2020 at 6:06 PM, MarNo84 said:

hmmm someone should make STL files available and we can just 3d print this little baby gem for us ;) 

Challenge accepted. Of course, I’d have to borrow one to 3D model.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:34 AM, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

Print a 50-60% height Portrait Color Classic Pi/DVD with Baby Bear acting as server and WiFi bridge to the modern world for daddy and grandpa bears. Design Language should make a nod forward to the sharper, more defined lines of the 5xxx AIO series.

1371158710_Picture1.thumb.jpg.c3c119a59c78e9660105fb494ff707d6.jpg

699470420_CC-Study-LetterSize.thumb.jpg.c585a887ae81d910fac0c294c35b825b.jpg

.  .  .  or not. :blink:

On 7/12/2020 at 2:02 AM, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

interesting :D do you mind sharing the STLs or so? ...or was it just concept on paper? ;). Thanks :D

On 7/8/2020 at 5:22 PM, CC_333 said:

Yes!  It would make a splendid Raspberry Pi case!

c

If such a thing is done, replace the modem port with the Ethernet port, and run MacIPpi on the Pi, for a proper AppleTalk server the others can use to connect to a modern network!

8 hours ago, adespoton said:

If such a thing is done, replace the modem port with the Ethernet port, and run MacIPpi on the Pi, for a proper AppleTalk server the others can use to connect to a modern network!

Sounds like fun. Someone get me an example unit (to borrow), or a gazillion photos with a few measurements for scale, and I can model it up...

8 hours ago, PotatoFi said:

Sounds like fun. Someone get me an example unit (to borrow), or a gazillion photos with a few measurements for scale, and I can model it up...

For your internal dimensions, you'd want this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32761500374.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.12tQ4N

Images available at: https://vintagecomputer.ca/apple-djinn/

Edited by adespoton

9 hours ago, PotatoFi said:

Jow about a fold up paper model? I can work that out and post a PDF for you to fold, spindle and mutilate.

I didn't think anyone was interested or are you still talking about the french thing? Either way I can do a model.

Edited by Trash80toHP_Mini

8 hours ago, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

Jow about a fold up paper model? I can work that out and post a PDF for you to fold, spindle and mutilate.

I didn't think anyone was interested or are you still talking about the french thing? Either way I can do a model.

I think we're back to talking about the Apple Djinn.

9 hours ago, adespoton said:

For your internal dimensions  .  .  .

Mine's designed for a Mac Mini to fit, don't think baking a Pi will be a problem for whichever design. :)

20 hours ago, MarNo84 said:
On 7/11/2020 at 8:02 PM, Trash80toHP_Mini said:

interesting :D do you mind sharing the STLs or so? ...or was it just concept on paper? ;). Thanks

It's not available in STL, it's a 3D model in my head. I knocked together plan views for in Illustrator. It's grandson in the trio I'd suggested be done in a CC goes 5200 Design Language. If anyone wants to model this or a riff on the Djinn in a larger scale with a display I'd be glad to turn either into a 3D Paper Model. Anyone interested could turn either into a 3D printable design

The stand is a 3D printed cover for a pair of big heavy duty angle brackets from your local hardware store. I'll probably go ahead and do the top bottom and rear plan vies before I'm done with the concept.With KBD slid home or sitting in front of the unit, the base is pretty much out of sight/out of mind. I'd do it in Black as a nod back to the Macintosh TV and forward to the Director's edition 5500.

That'd fit right in with the dirt cheap, matte black, current Apple lookin' wireless KBD/Mouse I got for another hack.