pinto_guy

The most interesting Mac Classic graffiti

As I was pulling another Mac Classic from my collection to repair, I noticed a faint writing on it. Upon further inspection, here is what I found (photo attached). I usually start my repairs with a thorough clean of the case, but I think I'll leave this charming graffiti. I might even retr0brite the case to improve the contrast.

I wonder whether Anne and Rog ended up connecting...

IMG_2185.thumb.JPG.8d8661b601b013d8ee407625915942a3.JPG

Rog, short for Rogthor :rambo:

Might be short for 'Roger' as well, but I've never seen it written, just spoken. But my mind did go to 'Ray' first. Or maybe 'Roy.' Fun fun.

Part of me wishes that there was more personality in some of the builder/inspector/maker marks on Macs. I'm recalling an episode of TopGear where they went to all the old factories for Lotus, Jensen, and TVR. The TVR factory had some hand-scribbled artwork by 'Nobby' which was not surprisingly naughty. I suppose that would be too coarse for the corporate culture of Apple...

On March 21, 2020 at 9:16 PM, pinto_guy said:

I wonder whether Anne and Rog ended up connecting...

Rog/Roy/Ray/Rag may have been of the mind that if someone scrawls something in semi-permanent ink or worse on his computer, that person is definitely not the one.