GOOGLEPLUS

TWITTER

YOUTUBE

Interests

OCCUPATION

Found 7 results

1. Juliet Elysa

Sad Mac on Performa 635CD

Hey y'all! Hope everyone's been doing alright! Life has been insane for me the last couple of years (especially this one...), so my Macs have kinda taken a back burner until tonight. My oldest daughter officially inherited my beloved Performa, and when she went to play some games a couple of hours ago it finally happened. A wild Sad Mac appeared, with the code 0000000E 0000FD00. Where should I start with troubleshooting this? Dr. Google has been very little help... Miranda inherited my Sad Mac phobia, and tonight she turned on the Performa in her almost completely dark bedroom right after waking up from a bad nightmare. Probably the worst way to experience your first wild Sad Mac!
  2. glay78

Macintosh Portable Sad Mac

Hi I’ve recapped my M5120 and it has sad Mac now. It works previously before capping. I’ve check both battery and power adapter that’s working great so power shouldn’t be the issue. It chimes but has the error as shown. Also swapped out the ram but it’s the same. Any help?
  3. Dear Mac enthusiasts, Finally I could figure out what was wrong with my Mac Portable backlit model and I brought it back to life yesterday afternoon. Not a really big deal, just a broken path, but it was under a chip, so it was quite difficult to find. Anyway, now that it works fine I have a couple questions: -First: when should the screen backlight turn on? I thought it came on at the same time I turn the computer on, but for some reason it doesn't until it loads the first extension. I don't really care, as it works perfectly fine, it's just curiosity. -Second and more important: I have an official 1MB external RAM card that prevents the mac from booting. It gets in a boot chime loop and, if I press the interrupt switch I get a sadmac error 03001300 // 00001FFA or 03001382 // 00001FFA. I assume I have a bad RAM card, but reading the thread about @techknight 9MB project (incredible work, so sad it's no longer available) I seemed to understand that RAM cards were different for models M5120 and M5126, so maybe I have a wrong card. I leave a picture here, in case someone may check it. I looked in Ebay, but currently there is nothing available. I'd appreciate if someone have one laying around that may want to sell it to me. Thank you!!!!!
  4. Justin Fousek

Mac SE SuperDrive Sad Mac 000f 000c

Hello, I am need of some help regarding how to start troubleshooting my Mac SE SuperDrive Model M-5011, 2.5mb ram, 100mb hdd It has been working for about 4 years and today it stopped working. I tried to update the OS from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1 and it said my drive may be corrupted as a warning and canceled the installation. I then restarted the Mac and I receive a Sad Mac error 0000000f 0000000c. I have looked up the error and have not been able to find online exactly what it means. I have found that it could be a nothing error, but not sure what that means or where to go with that. It could also be the SWIM. I am unable to boot from the internal floppy and I am unable to boot from the hard disk. It reads the disk and spins the hard disk then I get the Sad Mac. My first thought is to take apart and check to make sure the PRAM didn't explode (as it has been dead). Then clean board (some forums say with water and let dry by waving in air). Replace the battery and try it. From there, not to sure. Any ideas would be great. Thanks, Justin Fousek
  5. sigtau

Sad Mac (Plus, Rev 2 ROM)

Thought it would be better to have a separate topic so anyone finding this by search/Google could see it more easily. I installed four 9-chip, 30-pin 1MB SIMMs into my newly built Plus, and when it boots upon performing its RAM test, I get a Sad Mac code 030ff0. Googling around indicates the first byte (03) indicates a memory failure, and the latter two bytes indicate which chip failed, although since it's a set of SIMMs that isn't a terribly helpful number. I have several sets of this type of RAM laying around and I've tried different combinations and it doesn't work. Occasionally, the error offset may change to something like 030400, but that's still a memory failure error code. Resistors R8 and R9 are clipped and pulled aside to enable detection of high-density SIMMs. I'm going to try resoldering it and installing four 256K SIMMs to see if that fixes the issue. The board has been cleaned on a hot (no-detergent) dishwasher cycle as of two weeks ago and no shorts, scratches, or defects are otherwise visible. Note that the board arrived with the resistors already clipped, so I have never seen the machine boot with any different RAM configurations. I'm making this thread mainly to ask if there is anything else I can try, any chips I should inspect for faults, and if there are particular types of SIMMs that I should look for in the future to mitigate this kind of problem. I've read things about ECC and non-ECC RAM but I don't know enough about RAM to know one way or the other.
  6. Antoshig

Mac Plus Sad Mac Repair

I purchased a Mac plus online from someone for a few bucks because it wasn’t working, so I decided to repair it myself plus it would be a great opportunity to learn about computers since I am pursuing in that field. I am having trouble with it. Symptoms: At startup the chime sound comes on, but I get a sad mac icon with a checksum of 0101A0 with some morse code on the bottom. Steps I took to try and solve the issue: I looked it up and it’s a ROM test failure. I tried resoldered the ROM sockets, but with no avail. I also tried replacing the simms with new ones, still didn't work. I checked the voltage coming from the power supply they were all good. I did more research about ROM’s and found out you could read the data and analyse with some ROM images from the internet to see the integrity of the data. In order to read the ROM, I would need a EPROM programmer which I don’t have. I need help in fixing the Mac Plus. I'll put some picture for reference. It's my first time posting on this Forum. Thank you
  7. I don't know if I'm using the wrong search words or just don't know what I'm looking for, but I'm curious about what happens when the Apple I, II, III and Lisa have a hardware problem that would cause a Sad Mac in later computers. I'm a very visual person so pics would be great, but they seem to be hard to find so a description of some sort would work too. Thanks everyone!