dochilli

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

581 profile views
  1. dochilli

Troubleshooting SCSI2SD in SE/30.

Can you show your SCSI2SD settings? I use the settings as shown in the picture with a 5.1 and it boots my SE/30. Did you install the OS with floppydisks? I formated my 5.1 with Lido.
  2. dochilli

Macintosh Plus (M0001AP) boot chime loop

If you want to boot from a floppydisk System 6.08 may be easier. Uses less memory and is faster.
  3. dochilli

SCSI2SD SD Card Extension

And some more information: If I use the cable in my Windows PC it works. If I put it in my SCSI2SD 5.0 or the 5.1 (with an adapter) it does nothing. So the problem is definitively the SCSI2SD. Would be nice to have a cable that will work... Next I will try to use my cable in a Raspberry Pi.
  4. dochilli

SCSI2SD SD Card Extension

I have the same problem with two cables. One can be used in my 3D printer and there it works but not in my SCSI2SD. The other seems to be defect. I wanted to use it in an external SCSI case for using different SD-card with different OS.
  5. dochilli

Macintosh Plus (M0001AP) boot chime loop

That is not so easy because the Plus has a 800 KB floppydrive. You can not use a modern PC oder Mac to write these floppy. What you need is a Mac that is able to read 1.44 MB disks (perhaps a SE/30). Then you can download images for a boot disk from the internet (if you can connect to the net with the SE, write it on a 1.44 MB disk and from this disk you can write it to a 800k disk. There are some articles in the net how you can do this with old PC or MAC. Here are some links that may help you: http://spt0010a.sport.uni-oldenburg.de/bycmac/index-Dateien/Page661.htm Where do you live? Perhaps I can send you a bootable Disk.
  6. dochilli

SE Revival

Perhaps a problem with the VM? I never heared this for a raspberry pi. Are you logged in in windows as an administrator?
  7. dochilli

SE Revival

Do you have access to the pi with ssh? Then you can get a connection to the pi with putty and use the command nbplkup to see which computer is seen by the the localtalk net. In my case you can see the raspberry and a bananapi with MacIPPi and the Asante print. My windows 7 computer can see the A2files in the network (german: Netzwerk).
  8. dochilli

SE 30 - Bad Picture - Need advice

And perhaps you can bath the board in vinegar to get rid of some corrosion. But remove ROM and RAM before.
  9. Do you hear a chime? If not it can be a ROM problem. Or some corrosion around the battery area and something broke when you pressed the new battery in. First step could be to check the traces of the ROM.
  10. dochilli

Help with Mac 128k w/upgrade

You should recap the AB. Voltages may be unstable. Some early SCSI ports do not have termination power. So you need an external usb power for the SCSI2SD. The mac plus has the same problem with the SCSI2SD.
  11. dochilli

I've just got an SE/30 and need some help

You can use your SE/30 (with ethernet card) with the software local talk bridge. Then you do not need the Asante bridge. The SE is the bridge. https://www.macintoshrepository.org/1481-localtalk-bridge-2-1
  12. dochilli

You need a local talk bridge. That can be one of ASANTE (Asante talk or Asante print) or for example a SE/30 with an Ethernet adapter and the local talk bridge software. Here you can get more information: https://lowendmac.com/network/bridge.shtml Sometimes you need an old ethenet hub with 10mbit. The old macs do not work with 100mbit.
  13. dochilli

MiniVmac will not write floppies. As far as I know Basilisk is able to read and write mac drives. Perhaps you can use your ZIp drive in this way.
  14. dochilli

HFSExplorer can write mac floppies on a PC. I did that a lot of times in the beginning when I did not have an ethernet card in my SE/30. But the usage is a little bit difficult and files with more than 1.4 MB can not be used or you have to split them.
  15. dochilli

Another way is to setup a A2SERVER with a raspberry pi and to connect it with a local talk bridge with the SE. Then you can use the disk of the A2SERVER to get file from a PC to an old mac. I use this setup and it is very easy. Your SE can get to the internet without a network card!