dochilli

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

695 profile views
  1. dochilli

Zip drive, Jaz drive or something else?

For the plus you need an external power supply (USB) for the SCSI2SD. It is not easy to get a bootable SCSI2SD for the plus, but it is possible. Another option for you could be the floppyemu.
  2. dochilli

Zip drive, Jaz drive or something else?

I would buy a SCSI2SD. ZIP and Jaz are old and will fail in future.
  3. dochilli

Classic not booting after a full recap. Missing battery?

Classic AB have some other parts that often fail: DP4, DP3, TDA4605, CNY17G-3
  4. dochilli

Mac Classic - Assistance needed

Logic board was shipped today, should arrive in the next days.
  5. dochilli

Noob trying to restore a Mac Classic. Need some help!

Picture of the floppy port: https://images.app.goo.gl/viGJ5rcLaVmtzyJ89
  6. dochilli

Noob trying to restore a Mac Classic. Need some help!

I would measure the voltages at the floppy port. Must be 5 and 12 V. 4.85 may also result in a booting classic. Classic AB have some other parts that often fail: DP4, DP3, TDA4605, CNY17G-3
  7. I had a simasi SE/30 because of corroded F258 chips. Changed them and the mac worked.
  8. Recap the analog board! Perhaps you have to change the optocoupler. Sometimes the mosfet is defect and diodes can fail. DP4, DP3, TDA4605, CNY17G-3
  9. dochilli

Actually I am not at home. I could send the board after the 17. august. I have to look at the boards to see which will be the best for you. You can send your adress as a PM to me. I do not want any money for the board or for shipment.
  10. dochilli

I have one or two dead classic boards (maxcell bomb). Where do you live (I am from germany)? Perhaps I can send you a rom or the whole board for spare.
  11. dochilli

Perhaps you can read the old rom as a 27C400 and compare it to your new burned? I do not know, if the rom has to be splitted into 2 or more parts.
  12. dochilli

Mac Se/30 black screen + simasimac + popping sound

4.85 and 11.89 should work, but are a little low. Time to recap the AB and PSU.
  13. dochilli

I would think, that it is a problem with the rom. If you get no chime, then the access to the rom failed. If you have access to a eprom burner you can burn a new rom. Rom copies can be found in the internet. I own some classics but none had problem with the ram on the logic board.
  14. dochilli

Mac Se/30 black screen + simasimac + popping sound

First I would recap the analog board and the psu. Did you measure the voltages at the floppy port? Should be 5 and 12 volt. Low voltages can cause a simasi. When you did not hear a chime, then there may be a problem with the ROM. May be some corroded/ broken traces. You can check these with the schematics. I had a simasi SE/30 that was caused by faulty F258 chips (logic board).
  15. dochilli

Classic II - how to get online

A2Server (RaspberryPi) or MacIP.net (virtual machine or bananaPi) will connect to the internet over localtalk. File sharing is possible, also with windows PC.