IlikeTech

• Content Count

• Last visited

About IlikeTech

• Birthday December 15

Profile Information

• Interests
    Vintage and modern computers, repairing electronics, Arduino, etc.

Recent Profile Visitors

2151 profile views
  1. I could probably do testing if you need someone!
  2. The original board only has cut-outs on one side, right?
  3. IlikeTech

G3 mix, should I proceed?

My grape tray loader has been 100 percent reliable for me, despite having a rusty internal shield from damp storage. I don’t know what the slot loaders are like.
  4. IlikeTech

a1139 17" PowerBook G4

iFixit seems to think so. On the iFixit for that machine, it says keyboard for 15 or 17.
  5. IlikeTech

PB145B’s finds

I hope you mean the line filter. Do not remove the DC filter, bad things will happen. I think you mean the Paper RIFA-Style caps like in the AC side of things. Macs have similar caps that also happen to go pop.
  6. IlikeTech

Repair a 15" Multiscan

Seems like you don't have horizontal deflection. Check the horizontal connections on the yoke and look at the PC board to see if anything (big transistors or caps) look like they're distressed. You might have a bad HOT.
  7. IlikeTech

MAC SE/30 with orange colored CRT

I second the above. I really wouldn’t remove that, as it’s very likely an implosion prevention band. It might implode trying to remove it.
  8. I think this is what would be called an NTC thermistor. It limits inrush current when the machine is powered in. It then heats up and the resistance drops to almost nothing. I wouldn’t replace it with a fixed value resistor, although I’m not sure what would happen if you did.
  9. IlikeTech

SE 30 - Bad Picture - Need advice

That looks like the brightness is set way too high, rescan lines. Adjust the internal brightness control?
  10. IlikeTech

Well Crap (SE/30)

Also, please wear gloves. That battery crap is no joke.
  11. IlikeTech

SE/30 Daystar P33 weirdness

By any chance do you have a scope? I would test that 50 MHz clock to make sure it's stable.
  12. IlikeTech

Color Classic Missing Green

My CC has problems that are related to the edge card I think. Sometimes I loose green as well (jostling the machine seems to fix this), and I also seem to loose working SCSI until I reseat the logic board.
  13. IlikeTech

What's wrong with my SE/30?

Bad ROM contact? Try the rubber band fix.
  14. IlikeTech

Apple Development Team testing tool?

Nope but it looks super cool. Gonna have to crack it open when it comes to figure out what it is.
  15. IlikeTech

Awful Macintosh SE FDHD Revival

All I have to say is holy crap, what a lot of time and effort! More than I would put in! Kudos!