• Content Count

• Last visited

About Dog Cow

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    https://macgui.com

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Dog Cow

Any MacTCP experts around?

Well now you've got the opinion of someone who has only read the documentation, but has never developed any software with MacTCP.
  2. Dog Cow

Any MacTCP experts around?

If it's not in the API, you can't do it. That's my understanding of the documentation. There's even language that hints at it, because it says something like "there are certain ICMP errors that you can't do anything about because there's no low-level IP access."
  3. Dog Cow

Macintosh Plus not printing to Imagewriter II

How do you know? Have you printed a test page from it? If you can print a test page OK, then it could be your cable, or there's a small chance you have a LocalTalk card installed. Your test page should show if you have AT (AppleTalk) on or off, and if it's on, you can't print with the standard ImageWriter driver.
  4. Dog Cow

TCP/IP for Classic Macintosh

Thanks for looking into this. I have a concept for FTP where you would have two windows full of icons. It would work like the Finder. To download, you drag an icon to your local folder. You could choose Get Info on an icon to find out its file size, type, and creation/modification dates.
  5. Dog Cow

Macintosh Plus Performance Enhancement

Two ways: 1.) as a software developer, use Toolbox and OS calls as much as you can in your software 2.) as anyone, use a custom ROM that has your applications in it.
  6. Dog Cow

Macintosh Plus Performance Enhancement

Run as much code as you can from ROM. That's the only way to get the full CPU speed. When running from RAM, the CPU speed averages about 6 MHz.
  7. Dog Cow

Is he still active in the community? Sabina TCP is incompatible with all other applications, so I plan on writing them too.
  8. Dog Cow

Trouble dealing with a local seller with a massive hoard

This is the perfect example of my point. Anyone with a brain in his head would have taken the 10K on the spot. That's a guaranteed sale. If you refuse, and say you want to hold out for more money, you may never get a better offer. Is is smart to take that risk? Even if you accepted a single dollar for the lot, you're still a dollar better off than you were yesterday.
  9. Dog Cow

The seller, of course.
  10. Dog Cow

That's why there's only one Jeff Bezos in the world, and behind him, a really small group of other successful businessmen, yet there are untold thousands of unsuccessful nobodies with absolutely no business sense. This sort of behavior/experience isn't limited to the world of vintage computers, either.
  11. Dog Cow

Thanks for making this video showing TCP/IP running on a Mac 128K! TCP send and receive functions are working, and it won't be long till you have Telnet running on a Mac 128K too.
  12. Dog Cow

Noob trying to restore a Mac Classic. Need some help!

Of course you ought to make your own decisions, but here are two points of note: 1.) The Mac Classic is safer than older compact Macs and has some components that are designed to bleed away any stored energy from the CRT. 2.) You could leave the Mac Classic powered off for 3 or 4 days before opening and attempting to repair it.
  13. Dog Cow

Beta 4 due to be released this weekend. Beta testers welcome. My email address is below in my signature.
  14. Dog Cow

A very late 040

The Power Mac Book by Ron Pronk has a lot of in-depth technical information about the first-gen PowerPC Macintosh computers, including Gary Davidian's 68K emulator.
  15. Dog Cow

Y2K2020 Date Problem System 7

But your old Macs might not!! :-P