Profile Information

Profile Fields

• OCCUPATION
    Office Manager

Recent Profile Visitors

362 profile views
  1. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Snort! That's the first time I've ever heard it called a can opener! We make all kinds of crazy things on those. I've attached some interesting photos of big things and little things that we've used those machine to punch out almost if not everything you see in the picture.
  2. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

You're welcome! Interesting is one way of putting it, haha.
  3. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Thanks! We bought several of these machines used so we could keep doing what we are doing and expand our capacity. We even purchased a Laser/turret press hybrid made by the same company so we could keep using the same programming software.
  4. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Absolutely! See my response to Mr SN for more info. I can try to get some photos of the inside of a console if anyone is interested in seeing it.
  5. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

It's not the easiest road to travel. It's a completely foreign world to what most Mac users know. THE SCSI2SD adapters we bought last year saved our butts when a heat wave (like we are having now in Ohio) hit and our old SCSI drives started failing one by one. Once I got the first SCSI2SD working, I literally cried. The operators love them, because the seek and load times are drastically reduced. The Macs fly. The SD cards are so much less susceptible to damage from the heat and dirt, it was a no-brainer to set up all of the machines to use SCSI2SD. Before I got another question as to why we don't try to do this with emulation, I thought I would show the set-up. There is a Nubus Comm card inside the Mac that communicates with another card inside the console. They are connected by a ribbon cable. I finally got a picture of the the screen to upload to show what it looks like when then PAC software is loaded. My boss is very happy that the electronics will probably last us another 30 years!
  6. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

To work correctly, the clamps must open and close, the stops need to engage or disengage, the turret must spin to the correct location, and the sheet has to reference correctly.
  7. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

The IIsi or the IIci lives in side one of these operator consoles. The environment is very hot in the summer, and very dirty all year 'round. It's a metal fabricating shop.
  8. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Someone once asked me how we are using these units, and my boss said it was okay to explain our set-up. We run three machines that use very old Macs to tell them what to do. Here are a couple of pictures:
  9. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

It powers on and boots up normally, but it is not communicating correctly with the machine it is connected to by a pair of dongles. It has a SCSI2SD replacing its HDD. To be honest, my bet is that something in the PAC software isn't quite right because EVERYTHING else works correctly. Also, when we replaced the IIci with a backup unit we have that contains a conventional HDD, the odd behavior disappears. I have 2 of these machines that use a Mac IIsi as their brain, and those are both using SCSI2SD instead of HDD. SInce the IIsi units are running flawlessly, I am thinking there is something not quite right with the software on the IIci. I just saw that gunky chip when I pulled the power supply so I could get at the dirty gunky floppy drive to put a clean one in. I am SO not sticking my "hard to replace" floppies into a dirty drive.
  10. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Yes. The capacitors have all been replaced. We went through our inventory of all of our IIsi and IIci units and had the capacitors replaced.
  11. Iamanamma

PCI Fast Ethernet Card

It came out of a G4 running both os 9 and OS X. Thanks. I don't solder, but I know several people who do.
  12. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

No, you weren't sounding dismissive. There have been times others have made me feel like an object of ridicule because of my vast lack of knowledge, but for the most part, people on these forums have been very kind. I can't say that you guys don't go way over my head often, but there are always folks who are patient enough with me to simplify it enough that I can usually figure it out. And when we do that, I learn.
  13. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Okay, you are much more experienced than I, so I believe you. I am going to be checking for software issues. It had a SCSI2SD installed in it, but I didn't do the install. I am wondering if something semi important was missed when the OS and PAC software were installed. I just saw that gunky chip when I had to pull the power supply to get at the floppy drive, and figured asking questions was not a bad idea.
  14. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Okay great. Thanks!
  15. Iamanamma

Corroded Chip

Is the little chunk missing out of the top side normal? I hate pulling the power supplies, so I really don't want to yank it out of the other so I can see the CPU.