jimjimx

• Content Count

• Last visited

About jimjimx

• Birthday April 4

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

1622 profile views
  1. YES!!! An easier way to get network and external video!
  2. I’ve heard both are ok, but wondering if anyone knows advantages of one over the other... While checking my bag of cables, I found both, and it made me wonder..
  3. jimjimx

Apple USB Mouse (M4848 - “hockey puck”) problems

If I knew where my puck mouse was, I’d send it to ya....
  4. jimjimx

Getting my Mac SE (800k drive) on the network

FWIW, I have a 10Base-T hub FS in the trading posts right now, but I don’t think I want to try to ship it out of the USA right now...
  5. jimjimx

Question mark over checkerboard pattern on SE

On my SE the jumper is removed, and works with 4MB.
  6. Are these FS yet? What’s the cost?
  7. jimjimx

Solid State Drive for G3?

What’s your current state? Is it working?
  8. jimjimx

Solid State Drive for G3?

I do know that OS 10 needs to be in the 1st 8GB, and os 9 can be anywhere else. I’ve done this on a DT, and AIO, but not yet with SSD... Soon, as I need to get rid of the DT, and want it working with an SSD.
  9. At the next Apple shareholder meeting, someone will stand up and shout ”We have enough iPhones and MacBooks!! Let’s get into the retro computer market!!”
  10. @adespoton Oh well.... I was just going to do it out of boredom anyway.. I still might do it just to benchmark it, but I’ll still need the FW SATA case.
  11. @cheesestraws According to the info I’ve read, FireWire speeds can reach up to 3200 Mb = 400MB That’s why I was thinking of giving it a try.
  12. @Cory5412 I don’t understand. How is 400 slower than 100? If, when I get this all together, what would you recommend I use to test / benchmark it? I will have all the parts one day, and will revisit this thread with results from what I end up with, if only just to goof off and waste my time.. I don’t think boot time is a fair test, so ..... I can’t think right now, but, I think you know what kind of test I’m looking for... Something big and long to tax the different buses.
  13. A couple years ago I put a mSATA SSD in my G4 mini, running 9.2.2 V8, and today I thought maybe I could speed it up by using the FireWire bus, rather than the internal ATA 100.. . I already have the mSATA to SATA adaptor, and would just need to get a SATA to FireWire case. Anybody have any opinions, thoughts, or rejections, about weather this would speed it up?
  14. jimjimx

My new SE/30

My opinion on the battery.... Use the standard 6.3 volt lithium. Depending on where you get them, they’re relatively cheap, they last 12- 15 years, and they don’t “explode” until long after they have reached they’re useable limit. I personally like using them knowing that I don’t have to deal with it for a long time.
  15. jimjimx

twenty one pilots - level of concern - new lyric video

Nice. I wonder if this will cause a spike in prices of old Macintosh’s.