HAL2001

• Content Count

• Last visited

4 Followers

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

607 profile views
  1. I use this one.
  2. Hi, I bought the CF2IDE print and a 64GB CF card. Yes I know, 64GB is ridiculously large but I got it cheap. I own a PowerBook 1400cs 166MHz and I want the CF as my start up disk. I can read and write to the CF card on the CF2IDE card in OS 9 on another PowerBook. The 1400cs has 8.1 on it. I formatted the CF card with 1 partition in MacOS standard. I copied the contents of the old hard disk to the CF-card but I am not able to make it my start up disk. The PowerBook doesn't't see it. I am able to start up from it using a CF-reader in the PC card slot. It works great in there but when I attach it to the internal IDE-cable it doesn't work at all. What am I doing wrong? I tried 2 partitions. One which was 11GB. That's the same amount as the original hard disk is so I thought that should work. But I read that a partition of 64GB should work in OS 8.1. Okay, who has some thoughts? Thanks!
  3. HAL2001

Loon powerbook duo 210 power adapter

Thanks everyone. I Will use my powerbook 1400cs charger.
  4. HAL2001

Loon powerbook duo 210 power adapter

How can I edit this posting? The title is wrong.
  5. I Just got a powerbook duo 210 today. I started it up. Looked at the installed files, powered it down, closed the lid an left the charger connected. After a few minutes a loud ‘pop’ and smoke came from the charger. Is the charger salvagable? I connected the pb to a 1400cs charger. It worked great with it.
  6. Nearly $30 excluding postage. That’s almost what these iBooks are worth these days. But Thanks!
  7. Does anybody know a good address for a affordable dc-in board For a iBook G4/1.33 12-Inch? Prefferably in The Netherlands of Europe. thanks!
  8. HAL2001

Trackpad Clamshell not working

It’s installed with the universal 9.2.2 disc from macos9lives. That disc has no trackpad control panel. Is it even necessary on os9? Can I do something on the software side of things?thanks!
  9. HAL2001

Trackpad Clamshell not working

I noticed that the trackpad is glued to the uppercase. Is it worth trying to open it?
  10. I want to repair the trackpad of a iBook G3 clamshell. It’s not working. I reseated the cable but that didn’t help. The trackpad Control panel says there is no trackpad available
  11. HAL2001

Apple PowerCD "portable" CD ROM drive

Oh yes I did. Also a scsi slash cd-player. I really want to know which one it was. I have forgotten it’s name.
  12. HAL2001

Apple PowerCD "portable" CD ROM drive

Had one. Didn’t care much for it. Sloooowwwwwww. Painfully. Sold it for a handsome price. Beware. A lot of players are missing cables. And they come in 2 colours. ‘Brownish’ and ‘blueish’.
  13. HAL2001

Bridge Mac

Two zipdrives working great here. Thanks everyone! Was tempted to buy a PowerMac 8500 a saw in a thrift shop but I didn’t...
  14. HAL2001

DIY Power supply 30” cinema display

Oh, and again, if you build your own power supply you will have a new one, not an old one that can fail you at any time.
  15. HAL2001

DIY Power supply 30” cinema display

For me, it started with this YouTube movie. A power supply for a 23 inch cinema display will have other technical specificationsthan the 30 inch one. The 23 inch power supply is 90 watt, also 24,5 volt And 3,7 ampère. (The 30 inch has 150 watt And 6,5 ampère) I have always understood that you can use a larger power supply on a smaller display but not the other way around