About pcamen

Contact Methods

• Website URL
    http://vintageapple.org

Recent Profile Visitors

1243 profile views
  1. pcamen

MacSD - new SCSI SD card emulation tool

But it appears to be only a DIY option. I personally like the option that I can just order.
  2. Printer service guides FYI: https://www.vintageapple.org/laserwriter/
  3. I think you can, ahem, print out a printer information page that will tell you.
  4. @olePigeon are you sure it isn't a plus already? I think very few of these weren't upgraded as the upgrade made so much sense. All 6 of mine are pluses.
  5. Thanks for the tip on the foam. Probably some glue backed foam strips can be had to replace those strips I would imagine. I know there is at least one set of new rollers in the set of parts. I had always intended to use those as samples to find new roller rubber, or get some made. I'm going to try and find time to dig through them. @olePigeon how many different types of rollers are there in the LW? My company has a sourcing office in China, so if I have the specs I can probably have them do the digging for me. I can also just send the functional samples; I've had a bunch of parts made this way.
  6. That was me. I inventoried the stuff recently. Laserwriter parts list.xlsx I also some years back started buying LW and LW Plus toner cartriges from eBay when they were for sale on the cheap. I have no idea if these things will work after many years, but I have 15 or so of them in my basement. Now I just need to get off my butt and do something with the six units + parts + toner I have.
  7. pcamen

Baroni’s Collection

You might consider the firmware version. With the SCSI2SD v5.0 Powerbook version, I discovered a problem with firmware past a certain version that prevented just about any copying. When I revert back to the older firmware, it works fine. Might be a similar issue with the v6.
  8. pcamen

Large volumes in a 68030

You got a link for those @ScutBoy?
  9. pcamen

Large volumes in a 68030

Yea, I got some from eBay a few months ago and had no luck with my 2.5" hard drives. You mean this one, right? https://www.datastoragecables.com/scsi/internaladapters/sca80/SM-028.html
  10. pcamen

Dumb*]#* eBay sellers

Well here is the next stupid shipping tricks. I bought a pristine looking 475 mostly for the top case. It got completely destroyed during shipping. The guy just put it in a box about the length and width of the LC and then put some styrofoam on the top and bottom of it, but not enough to fill up the box. The thing is in pieces.
  11. pcamen

Mac Mini G4 boxed

Here is the page from Macos9lives.com: http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=2408.0 I have two Mini G4's sitting under my primary desk with a KVM on a single monitor. One is running System 9 and the other 10.4 with classic. They are pretty awesome little systems.
  12. pcamen

Kryoflux

@JDW mine is still sitting in the box, yet to be used. I bought it mainly to be able to write PC floppies for my MacCharlie to run. I've always heard it is a bit of a learning curve to get to know how to use it, so perhaps that has kept me from running with it. Please post any tips. As far as archiving Mac Floppies, now that the Applesauce does HD disks, that is my one stop shop for anything Apple in terms of disk archiving.
  13. pcamen

Wallpaper - Desktop Patterns for Systems 6 & 7

Yea, looking forward to getting a copy @olePigeon if you upload it.
  14. Seems like this would be easy to find, but I am stumped. How can I select the startup volume (multiple partitions on a single SCSI ID) at startup on an SE/30? I've got a damaged system folder on the first partition and a new 7.1 install on the second.
  15. pcamen

AppleSauce - who has one?

I have one and love it. Much easier to archive directly to my modern Mac and now with HD floppy support it is really useful. It is faster workflow wise than using a vintage mac for a large number of floppies and works for Apple II as well so it is my one stop preservation shop.