wwitchtiggly

• Content Count

• Last visited

1. wwitchtiggly

Dove Marathon Racer (68020) drivers

Thanks CharlieFrown, that's the Dove Racer 030. I even looked at it with ResEdit, and it doesn't seem to support the 68020 processor, see enclosed.
  2. wwitchtiggly

Yep, that's what I understood. Seems that I found only one reference for a driver, see enclosed. I tried to access the older groups, to no help. The drivers in the vintage macdrivers website are both Dove 030, which don't load.
  3. wwitchtiggly

Clearer pictures.
  4. wwitchtiggly

Thanks, I tried both Dove accelerators for the 68030, and they do not load (question mark on the CDEV). I'm using system 6.0.7 and 6.0.8, so it should not be a system issue. Without the 68020 application, you're right, it won't work. I also realize how dusty the boards were in the pictures, I will try to get cleaner pictures later today.
  5. wwitchtiggly

Thanks for the welcome. My first post. I've tried the Dove 030 accelerator CDEV, to no luck. I saw a post in 2003 about drivers for the 68020 in a yahoo group, but it no longer exists (see post at https://www.mail-archive.com/compact.macs@mail.maclaunch.com/msg08453.html). This board is strange. It has four 1MB simms on the accelerator, and the SE board has 4 MB simms, but oddly R35 is still present and the Mac finder shows 2MB only. I would have thought that someone who upgrades the RAM would have removed the resistor to allow 4MB. Still, board was well seated, without the CDEV, it boots into a 68000 at 8MHZ. Here are some high resolution pics.
  6. wwitchtiggly

Well, I finally opened the new SE with an unknown accelerator card. It's a Dove Marathon Racer 68020, which is very nice, with a 68881 FPU. Problem is that I cannot find the drivers. I only found the Dove drivers for the 60830 which don't seem to work (won't recognize the 68020). I will take it apart tomorrow and see if the card is properly set, but would appreciate if anyone could point me towards the drivers, or insight if someone has a similar card. Thanks, Pierre