ilitch64

• Content Count

• Last visited

1. ilitch64

A pair of Macs

I am just gonna keep it original. I am using a FloppyEmu in HD20 emulation mode so I don't need a 1.44mb drive. I have been using Mini vMac on the disk file to do any file transfers from my computer which works great. It's much more convenient then transferring files back through multiple different Macs like I had been doing on my PowerMac 7100
  2. ilitch64

A pair of Macs

Oh I didn’t know that! The day I decoded the serial I went nuts trying to find out if I had a SuperDrive and tried every spare SuperDrive I had. I was bummed when none of them worked. I will have to try that I have a couple PowerMacs with Ethernet. I bought an AAUI adapter for my 7100 that I still need to mess with. I will also need the cables for LocalTalk.
  3. ilitch64

A pair of Macs

Yeah I looked up the serial number, it said it was early 1988 FDHD 20MB option. I’m thinking maybe it got taken in for service and the wrong case was put back on it? It’s weird though the rear of the case just says SE not SE FDHD? It definitely has an 800K drive and a normal IWM it getting late so I’ll look it back up to make sure in the morning.
  4. ilitch64

A pair of Macs

The plus came from a repair shop, the person who gave it to me said it was a gift when he was leaving for a new job. He just to put it away and never touched it after. I did notice that it had a 128 serial number. Would of been much cooler if it was the 128 or a 512 even though it’s would be really limited! The SE is an odd ball. It’s an FDHD rear case. A SE Front and logic board it tossed a couple of hands before ending up in an attic and then finally with me. I don’t think either machine had much use if any. The SE was missing RAM probably stolen to put in another machine at some point. It was given nonfunctional. So since I don't have a keyboard for the plus, I swapped all 4MB in to the SE. I really want to give both these computers new life!
  5. ilitch64

A pair of Macs

It is in very good condition, a magic eraser got a lot of the blemishes off and both have very crisp screens. Very low hours on the tube with no burn in! I am pretty excited!
  6. ilitch64

A pair of Macs

Hello everyone! After a month I managed to get my first 68k Macs! I had been recommended an LC III by a member back in May, but when the Mac Plus popped up being given away I couldn't resist driving to Northern Phily to pick it up! It wasn't enough though. When a Mac SE was found in a attic of a friend's place I was able to take it as well. After a battling a busted hard drive, trading an iMac for some software, transferring files to 800K disks from my PowerMac, and then finally biting the bullet for a FloppyEmu, I got a fully functioning system! My future plans include trying out SLiRP to get it on the web (limited I know, but I figured it would be a fun project,) getting RAM and a Keyboard for the Plus, and trying a LocalTalk network between both machines and my PowerMac. I would also like to find an accelerator card for one of these machines, but I know they can be pretty rare.