rplacd

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. rplacd

3D Printed SE/30 ROM Clips

Ooh, yes! DM'd – I have broken clips, and I'm not hopeful that using rubber bands are going to work in the long run.
  2. rplacd

Dumb*]#* eBay sellers

God, yes... the entire Macintosh Classic/LC/IIsi wave of computers were built like tanks. I'm sure that the effort that Apple spent on getting the LC logic board as compact as possible went into the Classic and IIsi as well, which is what makes them so resilient.
  3. rplacd

Transplanting 9-inch CRTs - A Journey

Hot damn, those shadows really give off 80s vibes.
  4. rplacd

Mac Classic II RAM issues

Surely that would be to configure the ROM/FPU expansion card, no?
  5. rplacd

What's wrong with my SE/30?

I'm thinking that maybe installing the ROMinator II might have pushed some gunk into the slot? It can't hurt to use contact cleaner or something to clean out the slot and check.
  6. It looked like that was it – thanks so much for catching what I missed! I used a few rubber bands to apply pressure to the ROM SIMM like so for a quick fix: Thanks @dochilli, @Daniël Oosterhuis as well for the leads – there actually did turn out to be a little gunk in the socket as well.
  7. All – I'm genuinely flummoxed by this. Have any of y'all seen this happen before? I took a working, recapped SE/30 without a PRAM battery, installed a new PRAM battery off Amazon, and boom – simasimac on boot, no chime, even after waiting for RAM check to complete. Removed the PRAM battery, and I'm stuck with the same simasimac. Would y'all know what might have happened here, or how inserting a PRAM battery in an SE/30 that previously worked might lead to a simasimac? To make sure I hadn't accidentally unseated a ROM or RAM SIMM, I removed all of the SIMMs, soaked them and the logic board in vinegar to get rid of any corrosion, washed it, and dried it. No change. Attached are shots of the top and bottom of the logic board, if that would help. They're a little blurry. (Some IPA is still trying on the top shot, so it looks a little bit wet.)
  8. rplacd

Classic Analog Board Voltage Testing

Yes! A pinout for the hard drive port is available on pages 162-163 of http://www.maccaps.com/MacCaps/Repair_books_files/Mac Classic %26 SE Repair and Upgrade Secrets.pdf, and for the internal logic board connector at https://old.pinouts.ru/Power/macclassicpower_pinout.shtml (although I'm not sure how each pin is numbered, though, I think they start at 1 on the bottom left with the plastic "clip" on the top, and go counter-clockwise?)
  9. rplacd

Mac SE/30 PDS & Power Questions

Sign me up for a Linux version!
  10. rplacd

Mac SE/30 PDS & Power Questions

Ha! If this ever happens, I look forward to one-upping all of my friends with Amiga PPC accelerators with some casual web browsing
  11. rplacd

Macintosh Classic II Restoration

Wow, this is a beautiful log! I'm waiting to do a Classic -> Classic II board upgrade, so the recap guide is really gonna help. Did you ever figure out what the jumper wires were for – maybe broken traces?
  12. rplacd

Is it a Lisa????? Is it a Macintosh????

Haha, would you be able to tell where you got this Lisa from? I'm sure it's got a strange origin story
  13. rplacd

Is it a Lisa????? Is it a Macintosh????

Absolutely ingenious. I want to meet the person who did this one-of-a-type thing and ask him about and how and why he did all this!
  14. rplacd

Help with my Macintosh Classic

For daily use you might just use a FloppyEmu anyway – after all I get most of my software from the web.
  15. rplacd

Macintosh Classic Checkerboard screen

Agreed – you might also try removing, cleaning, and reseating the ROM (watch out for the extra column of unused pins in the socket!)