erichelgeson

• Content Count

• Last visited

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. erichelgeson

MacSD - new SCSI SD card emulation tool

If everything works out I plan to put together a few and add some more QoL improvements to the software. Will make a post on where you could get them. Have everything I need to start so will be making that thread soon.
  2. erichelgeson

MacSD - new SCSI SD card emulation tool

As you noted these solutions are getting more expensive (and more features, better UX, etc) though a few years ago (2016/2018) there were a few Arduino SCSI <-> SD solutions made - even compatible with 68k macs. One even has SCSI Ethernet support though I don't see them mentioned on vintage mac sites such as this one. I do have a SCSI2SDv6 (and soon a RaSCSI) but as all my spinning disks are failing at an alarming rate and v5's seem to be sold out indefinitely - I'm more interested in a cost effective SCSI version that is "just a drive". I am building and have the arduino and PCB's printed (just waiting on a few more parts in the mail) for the "ArdSCSino V2" at a reasonable price - and I hope to replace all my compact mac's drives with them. I will start a thread once I actually get everything in hand. Also thanks to RaSCSI discord for answering some noob questions on getting started as I'm a developer, but not an embedded systems developer Links: https://hackaday.com/2016/12/25/the-tiny-scsi-emulator/ https://bitbucket.org/tinyscsi/tinyscsiemulator/src/master/ https://github.com/ztto/ArdSCSino-stm32/
  3. erichelgeson

Replica boxing for Macintosh SE

Impressive! I like the idea of the miniature boxes
  4. erichelgeson

New ResPatch patching tool

CD rom driver patches would be another good patch to include.
  5. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

Whoops, meant to have it wide open, which it is now.
  6. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VzPV8MtS3qOpWC62HtaMCkKF6aeY0b5S?usp=sharing 19.5inx15.5inx20in
  7. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

I'll charge up the DSLR tonight and measure/photo tomorrow - And first dibs if you want to take it (I'd like the space back too!) Actually it might be neat to have some good photos of the boxes (Plus was my first, and was unfortunately thrown out rather recently)
  8. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

I do, and oddly enough I was looking at it today wondering what to do with it. I do not have any of the booklets but the packing/outside is pretty good for 30 years old. I would even let you have it if you really wanted it (i'm near st cloud, mn, but come down every few months to the cities). Original boxes(outside of software) are not very interesting to me. I could also take some high res pictures of each side and insides. Let me know.
  9. Nice! I may have to add this board on my next mouser order. Looks like you need an external PSU to power the floppy too, but still great to see 800k getting some attention from a project like this. Would 1.44 mac disks work too? Or are they just read the same as PC disks in FluxEngine?
  10. erichelgeson

Trouble dealing with a local seller with a massive hoard

Not exactly like this - but I was told a broken SE/30 had "$250 worth of gold in it if he recycled it" - so it's an oddly common idea people have. I guess just keep cool - she's going through a tough time/loss in her life and seems to feel like people are out to get her. (which it sounds like you're doing). EDIT: it sound like you're keeping your cool, not out to get her! wording!) I wondered what someone would do with my stash once I'm gone - hopefully my kids each take a few to play some games on, but the nostalgia train will be gone.
  11. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

At this time... I can not say. But I hope for one more trip in the near future.
  12. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

Went for an Aaui and scsi cable, came out with this....
  13. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

Nice! Never head of that before. Will give it a try, seems trivial. One thing I noticed looking at this board is that there are a lot of surface mount resistors/plastics around the caps. I'll need to be very careful when removing the caps with the hot air not to accidentally blow them away/burn them.
  14. erichelgeson

Eric's conquests

Today I picked up an LCIII with a 14" monitor and StyleWriter II. Caps leaking all over but no battery explosion. Always liked the LC series, our school had a bunch.