D@llas

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I had good success following this guide on-line, with some modifications: https://imgur.com/gallery/hecBMSW Instead of microwaving the belt (wife absolutely forbid it), I boiled water in a pot and put the belt on a small strainer so that it was suspended about 1/3 from the top. Let boil for 10-15 minutes Follow the rest of the directions on the page. Clean the black roller and make it semi tacky. After removing the belt, i gave it a VERY quick spray shot of Loctite spray adhesive. Just enough to make it a little tacky as well. Drive works almost like new. I'll make sure and use it frequently over the next few days to make sure nothing actually got glued and stuck. IMG_9802.m4v IMG_9803.m4v
  2. D@llas

PowerBook 520c Score!

i also have the AUII adapter and full 36MB RAM chip available....let me know if you're interested
  3. D@llas

PowerBook 520c Score!

i have a spare 33mhz 68LC040 from a 540c i could sell you. Let me know if you're interested
  4. Hi all. I bought a new battery for my iBook G4 and although on the battery it shows 5200mAh OS X is only seeing 4222 (with a cycle count of 4). Same with coconut battery. It registers the original battery capacity at 4400mAh, with a maximum capacity of 4222. any ideas?