mac1nt0s

• Content Count

• Last visited

1. mac1nt0s

Help with SE/30

Your recapping job looks good and I don't think that that has to do anything with the issue you're having. Sometimes those horizontal lines appear because the ROM SIMM is not making good contact. You might want to add something to keep the ROM SIMM in place (you can find some good examples here - section 6.1 and 6.2). Securing the ROM SIMM with a rubber band fixed the same exact issue for me. Let me know if it works for you too.
  2. mac1nt0s

Analog Board Recaping Advice

Thank you! Yeah, I thought about fake caps, because you can get scammed anywhere nowadays, but thank you for pointing that out to me anyway. I am also from Europe, but Mouser shipping is still expensive (it's like 30 eur which is expensive). I checked out the Arrow store that you mentioned and it's great, the shipping cost is also way less than on Mauser which is really good. Thank you for your recommendations, I really appreciate it.
  3. mac1nt0s

Analog Board Recaping Advice

Hello! I've decided to recap the analog boards in my Macintosh SE and SE/30 and now I need to buy the caps and I'm wondering a few things: - which company should I buy the caps from (there's quite a lot of different companies and I don't really know which ones to buy)? - should the max operating temperature be 105 C or is 85 C enough, considering that the SE and the SE/30 have a fan? - is it okay to buy the caps from AliExperss (I know that Mouser is generally the best for capacitor purchases, but the shipping is quite expensive, because I'm located in a smaller country and I really don't want to pay that much for shipping)? Thank you for taking your time and helping me out!