SophieRose

• Content Count

• Last visited

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I hope you manage to fix this, I have a soft spot for these performas.
  2. SophieRose

Wacom serial cable pinout?

Hi folks, Does anyone have a Wacom tablet that uses a serial cable who can share the pinouts from plug to plug as I'm trying to make one up. It's the cable with the DC power input on the mac serial plug and a 9pin connector on the other end. Cheers all.
  3. SophieRose

Compact Mac Test Stand

That is some top work
  4. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

I just use a small nozzle 2.5-3mm maybe in diameter and work around the pins of the ICs keeping it moving at all times (with a tonne of gel flux) whilst gently applying lifting pressure with some fine tweezers.
  5. SophieRose

Macintosh Performa 5200CD

Brilliant, I have a soft spot for these macs having had a 5400 back in the late 90s given to me, I have a 5300 now with a 120MHz 5400 board in and I just love it even if the CSII ethernet cards are hard to get hold of cheap.
  6. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

Thanks, yeah hot air station to remove with plenty of flux and then I'll repair the tracks with mod wire when required and I'll solder the ICs back on with a fine soldering iron and again loads of flux and real solder Here's the mess I made LOL
  7. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

Well I've removed a few ICs and cleaned it up a bit, next I'll beep out the tracks to see what's what cos I can see a few damaged tracks and through holes that will need surgery. Hey ho I do love a challenge.
  8. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

I shall let you know how I get on with the rockets, My IIfx has arrived and has been dismantled and is now awaiting caps and battery sockets, It all looks salvageable so I'll cross my soldering fingers,
  9. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

Yay I've been sent the disks for my rockets
  10. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

Oh I'd love a IIci but they seem to have rocketed in price over here.
  11. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

@olePigeon I do have another video card, a Radius PrecisionColor Series 24X so that's good to know it offer some acceleration too.
  12. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

Really I wasn't sure but I couldn't pass them up for 10 GBP.
  13. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

Oh wow I'd love that bed if it came in a double version with underneath storage and desk.
  14. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

I didn't know that, that is interesting and explains why it's such decent kit.
  15. SophieRose

Soph's mac finds

There's just somthing about radius kit, i love it. I just missed out on a pivot monitor but I think in reality id struggle with space as ive a few crt monitors already.