plb007

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. plb007

Memory expansion on Macintosh Classic

Hi, Yes, i tried with additional RAM (with properly configured jumper) and without (switching the jumper) with no chance to get it boot.
  2. Hi, I've got a similar problem, but without the second line (00000000) Did you fix your problem, and (if yes) how ? My recapped classic boots fine without the ram expansion in, but boot with this memory error when inside. Regards,
  3. Hi, I just recap a Macintosh Classic I bought (didn't try before recapping) The motherboard is in good condition before (and after) recapping. When memory expansion module is installed, I got a 00000005 sad mac error code. Without the expansion module, the unit boot fine (but can't finish the boot because system 7 needs more ram) . I tried swapping with a known working module without any luck. So, I guess the problem must be located on the motherboard. Where can I look first ? Thanks,
  4. plb007

SE/30 worth repairing ?

Second cleaning, does it looks still bad ? I guess not that much but still too much !
  5. plb007

SE/30 worth repairing ?

First clean .... How does it look ?
  6. plb007

SE/30 worth repairing ?

Hi, I recently acquired a SE/30 with just a white horizontal line on the screen. When opening, I found the Maxwell battery has leak (usual). Is it worth repairing it ? Do you think it's possible to make it alive again ? I will clean the board and post pictures when it's clean.
  7. Hi everybody, During these "forced" holidays, I decide to dig into my Mac collection, especially Mac Mac II. I have 2 Mac II, the first one appears to be original. It won't boot but I doubt the battery are completely dead and it needs battery to start. Does it need both batteries to start or just one. What are the best replacement for those (convenient, mine are soldered). It doesn't seems to received damage from leaking battery or capacitors. Would you recommend to replace them even if they looks good ? The second one is a Mac IIx motherboard inside a Mac II case. But they are 2 stickers underneath, one with Mac IIx, the other with Mac IIfx. As I can't boot it (battery again), I can't say. This one looks good inside but I suspect some leaks from the capacitors. Any advice getting those running ? You can see the pictures below.
  8. plb007

TAM with white screen

For those who are interested, here's a picture of the screen from the TAM and from the 3400c, not the same supplier. It might be different from country (I live in Belgium !)
  9. plb007

TAM with white screen

Hi guys, I fixed the problem by replacing the screen with an old 3400 screen. Not a simple procedure, I broke two latches from the TAM, but everything went well. Thanks for the info.
  10. plb007

TAM with white screen

An 3400c screen is coming for the swap. I'll take you informed of the result. Regards
  11. plb007

TAM with white screen

I'll try to find a 3400 for spare. How can you explain the LCD failure ? The backlight is still working well. Which part of the LCD screen is subject to fail ? Thanks for the info.
  12. Hi, I just tried to reboot my 20th anniversary macintosh this sunday. It seems to boot right, but the screen stays white. I'm pretty sure it boots fine because it reacts to volume switch, birthness and power off. The last time it booted was less than 1 years ago. No changes (except powering down for this period). I tried the usual stuff (NVRAM, reset, battery check, ....) without any luck. I've made a video showing to process. Starting - waiting the TAM to boot, green light, actual booting, controls working, powering down. IMG_0991.MOV
  13. plb007

PM 8500 no boot

I still have the card, I can once try to replace the capacitors.
  14. plb007

PM 8500 no boot

Hi, I didn't try to replace capacitors on the processor card. I just swap with another one. They are very cheap on eBay ... But I wonder if the captors are the cause of the problem. They look clean but I guess they can leak too.
  15. plb007

PM 8500 no boot

Hi, Thanks for your replies. The issue was a bad processor card. Earlier 8600's can use 8500's processor (And the opposite too). It seems that processor card can also gone bad with time (like capacitors on older motherboard).