• Content Count

• Last visited

About David Goodson

• Birthday 05/01/1967

Profile Information

• Interests
    Fixing things.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. David Goodson

ImageWriter II blank pages

thanks for that link. i'll check out the cable.
  2. David Goodson

Would this be something that might be fixed by replacing capacitors?
  3. David Goodson

Yup, checked the thickness lever, no effect.
  4. David Goodson

Yup double checked that with both of them.
  5. David Goodson

I’m resuscitating an ImageWriter II (not sure why but I am). It prints blank pages, incl. from the self test. I’ve bought new ink ribbons/cartridges (which put ink on my fingers so don’t think they’re dried out) and a print head. Nuthin’. Still blank. It responds to a Mac and prints what I send it but it’s blank. I haven’t pulled any PCBs out yet to look at caps. Will some dead capacitors actually allow it to power up and go through the whole process but prevent it from putting ink on paper? Would blank pages only mean that the 2 print heads I’ve tried are actually dead? thanks for your help.
  6. David Goodson

LC 1 vs 2 vs 3

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.
  7. David Goodson

LC 1 vs 2 vs 3

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere. Am I correct in thinking that you can put an LC II motherboard in an LC I case (& vice versa) but you can’t do that with an LC III?
  8. David Goodson

mAcTX - ATX to Classic Macs

Fantastic, I’ll take at least one of the IIsi versions, if not more after every one else has one.
  9. David Goodson

mAcTX - ATX to Classic Macs

+1 on VERY interested in ordering when it’s ready.
  10. David Goodson

Umax J700 PSU?

Thanks very much. I’ll check all that out.
  11. David Goodson

Umax J700 PSU?

I have a Umax J700 and its power supply (Seasonic 250gpx) seems to be dying. Does anyone know about these? - Are they easily replaced with newer PSUs? If so, how do I determine which one is best? - It has a 12-pin connector whereas later PSUs have 24. Can a newer PSU be used with an adapter? - Is it mostly capacitors dying that kills PSUs and those could be replaced to revive it instead of trying to replace it? Appreciate the help.
  12. David Goodson

Floppy type utility?

I found DiskDup+ was the best for this. After you put in the first floppy, it’ll show you the type as it reads it and you can hit Abort & it’ll eject that disk & you can put in another. This is a niche use case, i admit.
  13. David Goodson

Floppy type utility?

Exactly. Put in a disk, have it tell me what kind of disk it is, eject and put in another one.
  14. David Goodson

Floppy type utility?

Is there a small utility that will read your floppy and tell you if it's a 400K, 800K or 1.4M? Besides just using Get Info? Disk Copy will tell you that if you load it in as master floppy but it takes a while as it loads it into memory to copy it. I was hoping to find some simple utility that will just say what your floppies are as you put them in.