• Content Count

• Last visited

About David Goodson

• Birthday 05/01/1967

Profile Information

• Interests
    Fixing things.

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. David Goodson

LC 1 vs 2 vs 3

Thanks for the feedback. Very helpful.
  2. David Goodson

LC 1 vs 2 vs 3

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere. Am I correct in thinking that you can put an LC II motherboard in an LC I case (& vice versa) but you can’t do that with an LC III?
  3. David Goodson

mAcTX - ATX to Classic Macs

Fantastic, I’ll take at least one of the IIsi versions, if not more after every one else has one.
  4. David Goodson

mAcTX - ATX to Classic Macs

+1 on VERY interested in ordering when it’s ready.
  5. David Goodson

Umax J700 PSU?

Thanks very much. I’ll check all that out.
  6. David Goodson

Umax J700 PSU?

I have a Umax J700 and its power supply (Seasonic 250gpx) seems to be dying. Does anyone know about these? - Are they easily replaced with newer PSUs? If so, how do I determine which one is best? - It has a 12-pin connector whereas later PSUs have 24. Can a newer PSU be used with an adapter? - Is it mostly capacitors dying that kills PSUs and those could be replaced to revive it instead of trying to replace it? Appreciate the help.
  7. David Goodson

Floppy type utility?

I found DiskDup+ was the best for this. After you put in the first floppy, it’ll show you the type as it reads it and you can hit Abort & it’ll eject that disk & you can put in another. This is a niche use case, i admit.
  8. David Goodson

Floppy type utility?

Exactly. Put in a disk, have it tell me what kind of disk it is, eject and put in another one.
  9. David Goodson

Floppy type utility?

Is there a small utility that will read your floppy and tell you if it's a 400K, 800K or 1.4M? Besides just using Get Info? Disk Copy will tell you that if you load it in as master floppy but it takes a while as it loads it into memory to copy it. I was hoping to find some simple utility that will just say what your floppies are as you put them in.