• Content Count

• Last visited

About Byte Knight

• Birthday 12/08/1968

Profile Information

• Interests
    Intellivision, Old Apple Computers, Fat Tire Bikes, Dirt Bikes & ATV's

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Byte Knight

RaSCSI Development Thread

Good to know - thanks!
  2. Byte Knight

So I downloaded the Myst French version iso image from Macintosh Garden and the CD mounts fine. Still looking for a site with Mac CD iso images or does everyone just convert them from other image formats?
  3. Byte Knight

Ok, got the emulated HD up and running on my LC III with OS 7.5.5 after tinkering around with HD SC Setup 7.3.5 (Patched). No such luck with mounting CD's. I've installed Apple CD/DVD Driver 1.3.5 and patched it per instructions, but I get the "disk unreadable by this Macintosh" message (see below) when I try to mount a CD. It appears that it at least sees the image as a CD. Maybe my iso disc image is bad? Is there any site that has a bunch of Mac iso image downloads that I could use for testing?
  4. Byte Knight

MacSD - new SCSI SD card emulation tool

I only had corruption issues when I would mount the microSD card on a more modern Mac (in order to transfer files to it) and it would try to read the HD images. If I just keep the microSD card in the SCSI2SD and transfer files to it via my network, everything works fine.
  5. Byte Knight

It would be a huge pain to open up your case and remove the SD card every time you wanted to add a new CD ROM image to the card, then edit the ini file so you can access it. Or am I missing something here and there's any easier way to do it?
  6. Byte Knight

Yes, I copy'ed and pasted all the commands via SSH from Step #5: sudo systemctl restart rsyslog sudo systemctl enable rascsi # optional - start rascsi at boot sudo systemctl start rascsi
  7. Byte Knight

So I went through the whole clone and build on my RPi3, but when I get to the "cat /var/log/rascsi.log" I get nothing. I can see rascsi.log in var/log but the file is empty. Did I read somewhere that RaSCSI doesn't work with a RPi3?
  8. Byte Knight

Thanks for posting - I had no idea this existed. It seems to me that this would be a better external than internal device so you can have access to the SD card to add images etc. Too bad there's not a 3D printable case...
  9. Byte Knight

Any idea if the RaSCSI would work with an Apple II w/SCSI card? I could see it as another HD option and the GS supports CDROM.
  10. Byte Knight

Ordered - thanks again for doing this! I also ended up ordering the wifi modem with blinking LED's from Italy. I'm a sucker for blinking lights...
  11. Byte Knight

Sounds good! Will you include the other components in a kit form or do we need to order these separately?
  12. Byte Knight

Playing With my SE/30

I remember having a flight stick with an ADB passthrough which I used for flight sims like Falcon back in the day. I never knew that there was a game pad however...
  13. Byte Knight

No problem - it's still a great deal. And I'm glad you asked your hubby for forgiveness instead of permission!
  14. Byte Knight

That's a helluva deal - thanks for making them so inexpensive!
  15. Byte Knight

Sweet! Put me down for one if you're taking preorders.