PotatoFi

• Content Count

• Last visited

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

2213 profile views
  1. PotatoFi

A working colour classic for $50

Amazing find! What marketplace did you find it on? Craigslist? Edit: Hang on, you're not in the US. So probably not Craigslist!
  2. PotatoFi

RaSCSI Development Thread

Great suggestions! For the 3D-printed case, I think there might end up being several variants: Internal hard drive bay mount External with one DB25 External with two DB25 And then, there's the question of which Raspberry Pi. If you're going to use a Raspberry Pi 4 instead of a Zero W, that would be a different case, right? And what if you want to use a Zero W with a USB Ethernet Adapter (for eventual Ethernet support)? There seem to be a ton of possibilities. Work and family have kept me super tied up for the last couple of weeks, so I haven't been able to build my RasSCSI yet. I hope to very, very soon. I'll probably get started on the case before I even get it working with my Mac.
  3. PotatoFi

SE/30 - CRT Ghosting / bleeding to the right

Hey @LaPorta, this is the exact issue that I am facing on my Classic II that I am trying to source a replacement tube for. I wonder if I don't actually have a bad tube, but just a bad yoke? Only one way to find out, I suppose. Right now, my Classic II just lives on a shelf in my office, where I turn it on to run Flying Toasters in the background of webinars and training videos. I figure that if the tube is not great, I'm okay with stacking up an hour or two a day on it. I get lots of comments - one attendee on a training last week urged me to pull the battery out and recap it ASAP!
  4. PotatoFi

Thank you for ordering these boards and offering them! As soon as mine arrives, I plan to design a 3D-printable external case for it. I'm thinking that I'll try design it with the Snow White design language in mind. Of course, the final model will be posted for free, but for people without access to a 3D printer, I'll offer printed cases on Etsy. If anyone has any feature requests for such a case, let me know. No promises, but I'd love to hear your ideas!
  5. PotatoFi

SE/30 - CRT Ghosting / bleeding to the right

My Classic II, which is fully recapped, does the same thing. I haven't been able to figure out why.
  6. PotatoFi

iPhone 6 64GB

I recently received an iPhone 5C. Haven’t decided what to do with it yet. Maybe just stick it in the box of iPods for now. Related: After 10 years of Android phones (starting with the T-Mobile G1), I switched the iPhone a few months ago. 2020 iPhone SE has been great, love it.
  7. PotatoFi

Macintosh LCII Restoration

Worst-case scenario, you find one with a cracked/broken case, and swap everything over!
  8. PotatoFi

Dumb question: Can the Raspberry Pi not be powered from the SCSI bus? Forgive me for not combing through the thread to find the answer. I have powered Raspberry Pi's from the GPIO's many times over the years... so I am personally not too concerned about the USB port on the Pi being blocked. If It did need to be powered via MicroUSB... I wonder if some power could be pulled from an ADB port.
  9. PotatoFi

3D Printed SE/30 ROM Clips

I've decided to start offering these on Etsy. You can find them here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/840042244/macintosh-se30-rom-inator-clips Currently, they are only for the Mac ROM-inator II in the white, all-plastic SIMM slot. If there is demand for the black SIMM slot with metal clips, or for versions that work with the stock ROM, let me know and I can make them.
  10. PotatoFi

The amount of progress that you've made on this is shocking! When boards and parts are available, I'd love to buy one!
  11. PotatoFi

Shut up and take my money! Also, 100 percent ready to design and 3D-print cases. Can make them match our classic Mac aesthetics. Would love the opportunity to work on this.
  12. PotatoFi

Asante MacCon SE Troubleshooting

I have a Shiva/Kinetics Etherport SE in my SE FDHD! Mine does not have a 10BASE-T connector on the daughterboard, but it does have an AUI connector with a CentreCOM 210TS 10BASE-T transceiver. 10BASE-T was well, well before my time in the networking space, but my understanding (and according to Wikipedia) is that 10BASE-T can run in either half-duplex or full-duplex mode. I'm not sure of the specifics, but it does seem like some newer devices don't support half-duplex (one side can talk at a time, think Walkie Talkies) mode. That might be what is going on with your AirPort Extreme. For the record, my CentreCOM 10BASE-T transceiver and my Dayna SCSI/Link-T both talk happily with my Ubiquiti UniFi In-Hall HD AC (2 years old), as well as my Cisco SG300-P (4-8 years old).
  13. I would love to see a tutorial on how to get a "Hello World" on System 6/System 7. If anyone ends up putting together a video, or is willing to jump on a Zoom and walk through it, I'd love to watch. My development experience is pretty thin... I've done a few Arduino projects, and would like to understand how much further I'd need to go to start writing basic applications for 68k Macs.
  14. PotatoFi

Possibly Awesome Haul Tomorrow

@switch998 How did the 6115CD part-out go?
  15. PotatoFi

Mac se/30 SCSI2SD version

+1 for a SCSI2SD v5.1. That's what I am using in my Classic II and SE/30. I buy the one from Inertial Computing that includes an SD card. You don't need a power cable - it will be bus-powered.