s_pupp

• Content Count

• Last visited

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Two sets of four for me too, please!
  2. Posting a year after the prior post for the sake of posterity: Operation Headgap sells feet for PowerMacs of the 7200/7300/7500/7600/8600/9600/first generation G3 variety. They are black, and have been cut from a piece of rubber. The ones I received were somewhat irregularly shaped, and needed further trimming. If you don't want to do the research or work yourself, it's one way to go.
  3. s_pupp

Grayscale for Turbo 040

I agree. However, since I am the first person to respond in 13 years, I doubt it will come about.
  4. Try a different formatting software. In experiments back in 2012 with as many formatters as I could find, I had the best luck formatting CF, SD, and PCMCIA cards with FWB Hard Disk Toolkit version 2.02. I downloaded it from the Daystar website days before the website disappeared, but later found the website on web.archive.org. Unfortunately, my work on 68k Macs has been on hold since 2012. If I can find my notes from back then, I’ll update this post with an actual website.
  5. s_pupp

SE/30 socketed - Which processors?

Be very careful if you try this. I ruined a beautiful SE/30 board attempting this. I ended up pulling out about a dozen vias.
  6. If you are willing to replacing only the LCD part of the screen, a replacement LCD is available at www.impactcomputers.com. I bought a refurbished 14” LCD (model LT141X2-124) for a total of $27 including shipping. The screen is bright, but there is a slightly yellow discoloration of the bottom 1/2 inch - just a bit paler a discoloration than the screen it replaced (and just a bit disappointing; I was hoping for a perfect screen). The fix isn’t difficult - just remove the rubber stops and the round stickers from around the screen, gently pry off the back, unscrew four screws holding the screen in place, unplug the screen’s data and inverter cables, then put the new screen in place and reconnect/reassemble. No need to disassemble the computer or remove the entire screen assembly from the computer.
  7. s_pupp

Auto inject floppy lubrication

I'm very glad to read this post - through sheer coincidence, this is the stuff I've been using for the past couple years. It is a plastic-safe lubricant. I've been very pleased with it.
  8. Where can one buy replacement eject gear, and what are the specifications of these gears?
  9. s_pupp

Se/30 have to bang the box to get a screen

It's frequently the flyback transformer solder joints on the analog board. I'd start with these first.
  10. s_pupp

Fast 'n Dumb question about SE/30

If you do decide to desolder the cpu and replace it with a socket, be very careful when you pull up the cpu chip. Despite careful use of a Hakko desoldering tool, I pulled up a number of vias when I extracted the cpu, destroying a perfectly good logic board.