Juror22

• Content Count

• Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Juror22

Powerbook150 hinges extremely stiff

Nice idea, I am going to try this with one of my spare books.
  2. Juror22

Emmy's Dream Machine

This is the one thing that seems to be relatively stable, price wise these days. When I moved, I found a couple of Samsung 17" Multisync 4:3 LCD's, one for $10 at Goodwill and the other at an estate sale for $5. Both look great, don't weight 75 pounds and you cannot beat the price. I just wish they came in 90's Mac-tone as a color.
  3. Juror22

Treasure trove of floppies

Thanks TweedyF, for taking the time to curate and post these time capsules.
  4. Juror22

The two specific MS BASIC libraries that I am looking for are ToolLib w/XFER ArrayToStrLibrary I am trying to run an MS QuickBasic (MAC) program and there are calls to both.
  5. Juror22

Interested in ClearLake Research libraries and such. That's a terrific find - I've gotten a few similar caches, but mine have always turned out to be PC-based.
  6. 8 please - (128MB)
  7. Juror22

This newcomer's latest conquest

I wish you luck with the Performa. Nice haul!
  8. Juror22

Possibly Awesome Haul Tomorrow

No worries, you were really nice to pass it on and help someone out.
  9. Juror22

G3 mix, should I proceed?

That G3 is a nice find - it works, its loaded up with memory, software and it has great plastics. It even even came with a SCSI CD burner... and alcohol! I'm envious. I'm also going to see if I can include wine/beer in my future deals. The folks in Europe really know how to do things right!
  10. I'm sure there is enough room for both. Count me in, and interested as well.
  11. Juror22

Possibly Awesome Haul Tomorrow

I know that switch998 has asked for some of the parts to the 6115, but if the CD bezel is not already spoken for, could I buy that from you? I have a 6115 that has the blank center and I when I want to use the CD, I have to remove the lid. Great job on the retrobrite and cleanup by the way - the plastics look amazing.
  12. Juror22

Personal Grail Conquest: Payphone. Yep. :D

I thought that home, rotary phones were cool to pick up, but these are WAY better. VeryNice!
  13. Juror22

Need soldering help, likely damaged board :(

The needle is relatively thin and will pick up (and loose) heat pretty quickly. You won't need solder to increase the heat conduction and it should work fine just placing the soldering iron tip in contact with the needle (that's why you need to hold the needle with locking pliers).
  14. Juror22

Need soldering help, likely damaged board :(

It doesn't look so bad (you just need to clean up the holes from the pictures that you posted), so I would a) clean it up a bit with some alcohol, using a Q-tip or similar appliance (don't get heat near the alcohol, you don't want to catch it or yourself on fire) b) get a pair of locking pliers and a needle that has the same diameter (close is fine) as the lead on the capacitor c) put the needle into the hole, while holding it with the locking pliers, then heat the needle close to, but not touching the pad/hole and pushing slightly, so that it melts the old solder and pushes it out of the hole. d) clean it again with alcohol, using a Q-tip or similar appliance (see previous fire warning) e) (my personal take - get rid of that crappy lead free solder, use some nice 85/14/1 with flux) and an appropriate (not high) heat. Test by applying the solder to the tip of the soldering tool, if it melts quickly without scorching, you are ready to rock-n-roll f) insert the capacitor (correctly oriented) into the newly clean holes, heat the wire attached to the capacitor near the holes and apply new solder, allowing it to wick onto the pad/hole/wire assembly. Do not use a hand drill, unless you have done that before and KNOW what you are doing. You can substitute IPA for alcohol if you got it.
  15. Juror22

eBay IIci WTF

It needs new caps as well - the dust is a little darker near the caps, likely they won't be around much longer. That was a great picture by the way, lots of detail, I can't believe that its an eBay pic.